Chapter 44 - From The Gallows

I've decided to just cut to after the start of Episode 5 because there wasn't any interaction with Y/N at the end of EP4, so yeah.

--------------

After you've made it to the square, Joan was planning to hang David, and she also captured Tripp and Ava thanks to that bitch Eleanor.

Javi said to save Ava, but Joan shot her instead to teach him a lesson about betrayal. You all made with Clint to get out of Richmond, but David fucked it all.

All hell broke loose and Kate drove the van into the square and crashed into a tanker, filled with gasoline. It exploded and walkers began to overun. You, Javi, Kate, and Clementine were now on the way back to the apartment, while Gabe and David checked the entrances.

Kate: I'm all over the place. I just need to focus on something else.

Y/N: Maybe we should go back to the Apartment? See who made it back safe.

Clementine: Yeah, and it's best to get away from all the doors.

Kate: Yeah... yeah, okay. Let's go.

You all walked through the door and you're now in the hallway. There were people crying, hurt, and scared.

Y/N: Jesus Christ... this is... depressing.

Kate: It's a fucking nightmare. I'm glad Mariana didn't live to see this. To see what her father's become. To see what I... did. She would think... I'm a monster.

Javi: Kate, we're not monsters. Come on, now.

Kate: I don't even know what we are anymore.

You kept walking through the hallway until you made it to the apartment. You see Eleanor in there, treating someone.

Y/N: This bitch...

She scowls at you all and walks up to Javi.

Eleanor: You got a lot of nerve showing up here, after the bullshit you pulled!

Clementine: Excuse me?

Javi: I got a lotta nerve?! YOU sold us out to Joan. Everything that happened is your fucking fault! Don't blame us because you can't handle all of the deaths you've just caused!

Eleanor: I told you I wanted you out of my life after what you did to Conrad.

Y/N: Why did you tell Joan what we were up to?

Eleanor: I was triaging a bad situation. Their doctor is barely functioning! And before you guys fucked it up, their walls worked.

Y/N: Their walls would still worked if you hadn't betrayed us. Again, your fucking fault.

Clementine puts her hand on your shoulder at an attempt to calm you down

Eleanor: It's not only about me. I can actually save lives here, not just stitch them up and hope for the best. These people will die, without me, Javi.

Kate: I know she... well, fucked us over, but she's trying to help them. She's trying to make something right. That's worth forgiving, right?

Y/N: Not for me. I can't trust her now.

Clementine: I agree with Y/N. We've been betrayed so many times. We rather not take our chances.

Javi: She's gotta a long way to go before I forgive her.

Eleanor: You're the one to talk.

Kate: We have to do something. Not everyone here is guilty. 

Eleanor went over to the guy on the couch. You decided to just take a break from everything and head into another room.

You sat down on a bed and buried your head in your arms. You then feel someone wrap their arms around you. You quickly stood up and found out that it was just Clem.

Y/N: Fuck! You scared me. I didn't even hear you enter.

She lightly chuckles.

Clementine: Sorry. Are you okay?

She goes back to hugging you.

Y/N: I don't know... I just want to get away from this place. Now I know why Lee told us to stay away from cities on the train.

Clementine: Right? Speaking of him, I need to get a haircut.

Y/N: I can give you one if we find some scissors.

She giggles.

Clementine: I still want my hair to look somewhat decent.

Y/N: Ouch. I really do like the way your hair is, though. Like that little strand right there. It's cute.  

She blushes.

Clementine: It'll be a shame to see it go.

???: We're all dead because of you!

Y/N: What the hell?

You both got up and went back to the living room. The woman from earlier is pointing a gun at Javi. Gabe and David are here, too.

Javi: Hey... easy! We're--

???: You blew a hole in our wall! Got my little girl killed!

David: Easy, Fern.

Fern: We're all dead fucking meat, David. Might as well take out this asshole while I can.

Javi: I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm so sorry about your daughter.

David: Fern, stand down. That's an order.

Kate then walks in front of Javi.

Kate: Fern, all of this was because of me. I crashed into the wall. I caused the explosion. I... killed your daughter. Please... forgive me.

David suddenly breaks her arm. He takes her gun and shoots the man that was on the couch.

David: You're welcome, Javi.

Clementine: David!

Y/N: What the hell, man!

Javi: Did you really have to break her arm?

David: Fine. Don't thank me then.

Fern was inching closer and closer to her gun. David was about to shoot her, but Gabe stops him. David throws him off of him.

Javi: David!

David: Gabe, I'm sorry! It was accident!

Gabe: You were going to shoot her!

David: She was reaching for her gun!

Javi: It was over the line. You're right.

Everyone started backing away from him.

David: Why the hell is everyone looking at me like that?

Javi: They're just scared, David.

David: Of what? I'm protecting them.

Y/N: Maybe you should wave a loaded gun around us then.

David: So, I'm all alone? Fine. 

He walks out of the apartment.

Kate: You should go talk to him, Javi. He's your brother.

Javi: Alright. Everyone wait here.

Javi walks out of the apartment.

Y/N: So, what do we do now?

Kate: I guess wait until they come back.

You sat on the couch next to Clem and you all waited for Javi and David to get back.