Chapter 14

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Have an awesome new year and lot's of love and hope for you !

Vote, Comment, Fan, Smile <333

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I groaned, rolling over into something warm. I immediately recoiled and smacked my head against the dresser.
   "Are you always gonna be so surprised when you wake up next to me?" A voice inquired. I tilted my head and smiled at Cain wryly, rubbing the back of my head.
"Whatever." I grumbled and tossed myself over the edge of the mattress. I froze as my feet touched the ground and surveyed the room, looking for any sign of intrusion.  Everything seemed to be in the same place. At least from my place.
    I gritted my teeth and wanted  to find him. I wanted to find my father and beat him like he beat us. He's got me frightened like a fool. I don't want to be his toy anymore. I don't want to live like this!
  Cain touched my arm gently, pulling me from my thoughts. I jerked slightly and looked at him.
  He gave me a smile and I tried to return it.
 "We're going to get him." Cain looked frightened by my tone. The way it could send tingles down anyone's spine.
  I nodded to myself.
 "We're not getting a alarm system. I'm not having you spend your money on something useless." Cain was about to argue but, I put up a hand to stop him.
  "I need to tell you and the others something. Can you go get them please?" I asked. Cain paused for a moment.
  "Fine." He replied. I smiled and kissed his cheek. His face heated and he left the room. I grinned and watched him leave, then started pacing.
  If this plan was going to work, everyone would need to cooperate and we would have to work as a team. I already knew that Cain would refuse, but some things we have to do.
  "KAT!!" Cain called from the living room. I took a deep breath and started down the stairs. Everyone was sitting in the living room. Jake and Casey sat close to each other on the couch, while Cain sat on the love-seat. 
  He patted the space next to him and I shook my head slightly. He gave me a confused look. I took another deep breath and stood in front of them.
  "Okay. We all know about the recent threat of... Father." Casey flinched and Jake patted her hand gently.
  "I have a plan-" I started.
  "No." Cain deadpanned.
  "What?" I questioned.
  "Kat. Whatever this plan is probably involves a chance of you getting hurt." He pointed out.
 I gave him an aggravated look.
  "It doesn't matter." I insisted. "As long as he leaves Casey, you and Jake alone.... he could kill me for all I care."
  Jake, Case and Cain all winced. Not like I was lying though, if they were able to be okay then it didn't matter.
  Cain launched himself up from the love-seat, nearly running into me. He grabbed the sides of my face.
   "Never." He said in the darkest tone I've ever heard him use. I pulled out of his grasp gently.
  "You haven't even heard the plan yet." I whined. Cain stepped back and made a motion for me to continue.
   I straightened my shoulders and began again.
 "First, I'll give you the basic outline. I'll leave a note on the door after school saying I'm leaving you because of pressure, jealousy, or something." Cain flinched again.
 "It will say I'm leaving to live with grandma and I'll send money for Casey's stay here. Then he'll think I left and surely follow me.... If I rough him up a bit."
  Cain started shaking his head.
  "Like I'll go to the house and leave a note talking about what a horrible father he was and how much I hated him and such. To be truthful, He didn't really care much about getting Casey if I mouthed off."
  "And then maybe I ca-" I was interrupted.
  "NO!" Cain roared.
  Then whole room froze. Nothing moved.
  "Ummm." I said.
  "Absolutely not." He growled, furious.
 "But-"
 "No!"
  I was getting angry now. Who does he think he is? He doesn't own me!
 "You don't own me!"
  "So? I can tell you if your doing something insane! I won't let you." He replied.
 "I can do WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT and I'm doing this plan!" I shouted.
  "No!  You're Not!" He yelled back.
 "Who's going to stop me?" I whispered looking down.
  "What?" He asked, looking bewildered and hurt.
 "I said. Who's going to stop me?" I repeated, voice loud. I looked back up to see Cain staring at me dumbfounded.
  "I will." Though he didn't sound too sure of himself.
 "Remember what happened last time you tried to stop me from doing what I needed to." I pointed out smugly, referring to when I flipped and pinned him with his mom, Jake, and Casey in the room. His eye twitched slightly in a kinda insane/adorable manner.
  "Don't doubt me." He challenged.
 "Come on spoiled boy, give it up." I pressed. I skipped a few steps back.
  "Nope." He said, raising his voice again.
 "I'm going to do what I want anyway, I don't know why you're trying." I raised my voice as well.
  "No, your not!" He said with a ring of finality. I took a few steps closer. I was in his face by now.
  "Watch me, baby." I crowed with an evil undertone.
  With that I took my leave and went back upstairs, surprised by my own attitude. But, even now with Cain on a different floor, my blood boiled at the thought of him telling me 'No.'
                                                    He'll see.