Chapter 39

Haley

"I scheduled her for twenty-five minutes on the twenty-eighth of next month."

He was astounded for a moment. "You actually did it." He grinned after sometime.

"She will email you in the mean time."I said.

"She must be fuming at the moment." He laughed.

I give him a smile. "She was definitely mad." I agreed.

"Thanks for that." He said.

"No problem. Anything else would you like?" I asked.

"That will be all." He said.

I give him a quick nod and then excuse myself out.

Caitlin was waiting in my work area. "How was the b*tch?" She asked in an amused tone.

"You mean Mrs.Lili Rivera? Difficult." I said.

She laughed. "She has always been difficult with staffs. She acts like she's the boss here." And then she looked at me. "My boss wants the file that he submitted to Mr.Rivera last week."

"You want to go in?" I asked.

"No, thank you. He might be in a good mood after with that old b*tch." She said. "Pretty please." She give me a pleading look. He's not in a bad mood, yet.

I knocked at his door and waited for him to answer. He was reading a file. He looked up and paused what he was doing.

"Mr.Rivera, I think Mr.Cooper is waiting for his file." I said.

"Over here." He said pulling out one file. "Who's here to pick them up?"

"Ms. Beales." I said taking his file.

He nodded his head. "Are you going to join me for lunch today as well."

"You like the supervision?" I teased him, but reminded myself I'm at work. "Sorry, shouldn't be too formal at work."

"It's fine, it's not like anyone is in here."

"People already find it suspicious that we go home together."

"And does that bothers you?"

"I don't know?" I said.

"It's none of their f*cking business." He shrugged.

"And what explanation should I give about my changes in break?"

"Fine. I don't need your supervision if that bothers you so much."

"Don't you get bored? We see each other for more than half a day. At office and at home." I teased.

"It's a pretty view. You make the room thousand times more beautiful with your presence." He said giving me a wink and my jaw fell. That was the first time I saw him wink at me. He seemed younger and much more relax and it's heart-warming.

"Just a pretty sight, eh?" I said laughing and he give me a boyish grin.

"Not just pretty, but smart and wise." He said.

"Nice try." I said. "I will join you for lunch and maybe we can discuss what we couldn't last night."

"You do know how to bargain very well, Ms.Lynne."

"It's not bargaining." I pointed out. "It's call communication."

He give me a smile which I returned. "What time would you like to have your lunch today?"

"What time would you think is perfect for us?"

"Twelve-thirty?"

"Sounds good to me." He said.