23 ~ A Night to Remember

So, you guys gave me 460 votes in previous chapter and I came up with 4600 words. I hope you enjoy! ❤

Abhishree POV

I started walking away from the river after stepping up on the bank

I started walking away from the river after stepping up on the bank. My clothes soaked water that was dripping from my dupatta, some of the drops landing on my shoulder from the locks of my hair and the cold breezes just made me shiver. Both hands started patting their opposite arms while walking to my tent. 

The tent was in the last and closer to the river. Without getting noticed I stepped inside. It was all covered with a tent outside and inside it was beautifully decorated with translucent peach coloured curtains having light embroidery. I parted the curtain and walked inside. Space was lightened by several oil lamps that were maintaining the good heat and light in the tent.  

Instantly I felt like being inside the tent and I moved to get some clothes to change. I needed someone to look outside till I change but thinking Sakhi must be busy, I had to help myself. I wondered what if anyone intrudes when I was changing But who would come in my tent and It had curtains all around like the second wall. 

Moving a little closer to the bed I saw that bed was also covered with the light brown coloured, embroidered curtains that were so heavy to look properly beyond them. Changing behind those curtains was a good idea. 

After confirming the strongness of the curtains I hid behind them Almost standing near the bed. I placed calmly a pair of light and cold, blue coloured lehnga and started undoing my blouse. Undoing the knot I pulled the sleeves off my shoulder and kept the wet cloth away. 

Suddenly I heard someone coming and my heart raced. I tried to watch beyond the light brown curtains but it was difficult to look beyond them. I hurriedly pulled the sleeves up of the blouse and after adjusting tried to tie the knot. His steps were racing and suddenly he stopped. I recognized him with his movement. 

I could see his shadow through the curtains and I calmly said.

"Why are you here? I am changing."

"So, Am I disturbing you?, you are already behind the curtains" He replied with a roaring yet calm tone. why was he always arrogant?

"But you can go to your tent," I asked.

"I think you misunderstood. We both are sharing the same tent. There is no other tent for me."

"What?" I got shocked instantly. This couldn't be possible. "That can't be possible."

"Why?, We are married if you forgot, and how dare you to fool me outside." He asked walking a little closer to the curtains behind which I was hiding.

"You fooled me first," I said untieing the knot of my skirt. I warned him again. "Don't come here, I am changing"

"How I fooled you?... And I am the Prince, I can do anything." He stated back from the other side.