5| Should I Marry Him

Started writing on 18th May 2020.
Completed on 19th May 2020.
Word count : 2216 words

____________________________

– D I V Y A –

I was spending my time pretty well at home. And why wouldn't I? I was getting my salary while being on a leave. May God give this life to everyone!

While resting peacefully with a book on my bed, my mind wandered towards the lunch. What should I eat for lunch? Any special dish?

Should I make aloo paratha or manchurian?

Or kadhai paneer.

After thinking a lot, I decided to have kadhai paneer as it had been a long time I've eaten it. I haven't eaten it for months! But then, the question is— how to make it? There's no tension when my friend internet is in my hands!

Bringing my phone from the room, I searched for the easiest recipe and switched the video on.

As per the instructions, I made the gravy and then sauted the veggies. Done! Cutting paneer in cubes, I added them into the gravy. Done! I made chapatis on the rolling pin and waited until they were inflated. Done! Let's eat!

Just when I was stuffing the first bite of my food inside my wide-open watery mouth, I heard the ringtone of my phone. Shit! Why does everyone want to call when I'm filling my stomach?

Wait for me my precious food.

I'll eat you after taking up the call.

I checked the caller ID and as it belonged to mumma, I picked it up immediately. "Hello mumma. How are you and what happened?"

"Why do you ask the same thing everytime?"

"Then, what should I ask? If I don't ask your whereabouts then you will think that I've forgot everyone. In return, you'll call me back."

"Okay, okay. I won't ask these questions. Tell me how are you and what are you doing?" Before I could answer, she cut me off, "Wait, you're at home. Have you taken a leave?"

"Yes, I have and I was about to eat my lunch."

"Okay, have you lunch. I need to tell you something."

"What?" I asked, taking a bite into my mouth.

"Look, you promised us that you'll do whatever we say, if we allow you to work on your own and live on your terms."

"Yes I know but why are you recalling it now? Is there any specific reason?"

"Yes. But, I can't tell it over phone. Just come here and then, I'll tell you."

"What is it? Can't you inform me now? Why to keep the suspence? I won't be coming there."

"Okay then don't, and I won't tell it you. This news is related to you. If you're eager to know, you're most welcome. Otherwise there is no need."

"Okay, I'll come in an hour. Bye!" I ensured her to cut the call and to eat properly. Even I wanted to know what she was talking about.

"Bye." Mumma said before cutting the call.

"Huh! You've waited for a long time paneer. Time to travel inside my stomach." I mumbled while taking the bite inside my mouth, which was by now filled with water.