Episode 3-30: Process Clarification!

Meanwhile outside, Leona came out of the Octavienlle dorm where Ruggie let out his signature hyena like snicker.

"Shishishi! We got them outta there with no issue." Ruggie comments with Leona smirking a bit.

"Hmph, your sticky fingers sure are impressive." Leona praises.

"If you don't want something to get stolen then you should lock it in your pocket. There's a crazy number of contracts here. Easily 5 or 600." Ruggie points out.

"Hmm. He's probably been making these shady deals since long before he came to this school. We got the contracts out of the VIP room." Leona informs with Ruggie smirking.

"But the real reason why you're doing this is because you care about Kitten, right?" Ruggie ask curiously making Leona flustered and turns his head.

"...No shut up." He mutters making the hyena snickers.

"You're so easy to read ya know! You may not like doing this, but you're actually doing this cuz you love Lioness, admit it!" Ruggie teases making him growl.

"Says the one who was acting all sweet towards her two nights ago." Leona retorts making Ruggie sweat drop.

"Daaah...That's not important!" Ruggie denies with a tint blush crept from his cheeks and his ears drooping down as Leona chuckles softly.

"Heh, whatever. All that's left is...I am hunger, I am thirst. I am that which steals your tomorrow..."

"Stop right there!!" Azul shouts as he bolts through the door.

"...Uh oh, here already?" Leona ask feigning ignorance and folds his arms.

"Don't take another step closer if you care what happens to your contracts." Leona warns him with Azul looking hesitant while trying to keep his cool under control as he step forward.

"Give them back...Please give them back!" He pleads with a look of desperation in his blue eyes.

"Whoa whoa, at least try to keep up appearances. What happened to your mask of control? Seeing you like this proves that their hunch was right on the money." Leona points out shocking Azul.

"What...did you say?" Azul utters with a shock look as Leona let's out a chuckle.

"Allow me to jog your memory, Octo-punk." He assured.

——————

Last night at Leona's room....

"Are you trying to say that as long as the contracts are secured inside the vault they are in a state of 'Invincibility'?" Leona ask curiously.

"Yup." Glory replies with a grin, but Grim looks puzzled.

"...Hm? Hmmm? I don't follow at all." Grim still looking confused.

"Ah, now that you mention it, yeah, it is a little weird." Ruggie agrees.

"If what Azul says is true and anyone who touches a contract is in for a shock...There's no reason to keep them in a vault." Ruggie remarks.

"They're basically regular contracts." Glory bluntly points out.

"Damn right. He could just throw them wherever. Like Leona's wallet." Ruggie said.

"Ah! About the vault...He really lost it when it got the tiniest scratch." Grim reminds.

"And I'll do the explanation!" Glory perks with a smile.

~~~~~~~
Aah, there's a scratch on the door!! Do the dial and hinges still work!? ....That's a relief. I'm always telling you to not fire off your unique magic without thinking! How many times do I have to say it?!

I said sorry. You don't have to get that pissed over a tiny scratch.

It's too late if it breaks!!
~~~~~~~~

Right after explaining what happened, Leona and Ruggie finally get the picture.

"Oh yeah. It's common sense to put your valuables in a safe so we didn't think to even question it. Even the habits of an out of touch prince can be useful sometimes." Ruggie compliments causing the lion to grimace in response.

"Tch, you really don't know when to shut up." He snarls with a glare.

"...This means that the zap you guys got was another one of their expert magic tricks." Ruggie points out.

"Ha-what!?" Grim shrieks.

"I tried to warn you guys but you didn't listen. It was a trap for us." Glory explains.

"Agreed. They knew you fresh-babies were there so they left a contract on the desk especially for you. All they had to do was watch and wait for you to touch it then zap you with a lightning spell. Stop falling for such simple traps. At least Lioness knew right away it was a trick." Leona remarks.

"That Azul, he just keeps duping us at every turn! I'm tired of being tricked!" Grim rants.

"Being able to get the contracts out of the vault speeds things up." Leona points out with Glory grins brightly at him.

"Exactly." Glory chirps with a cheeky smile.
——————

After Leona explained everything to Azul, the octopus became stunned.

"Glofish did this?...The reincarnation of Mother Gothel aka THE future queen of Twisted Wonderland planned this all along!? Why does she keep getting in my way!?" Azul rants with a glare.

"Freeing the anemones doesn't benefit her at all!" He seethes.

"I agree with you there. Which leads to my next point. Azul, let's make a deal." Leona suggests with a smirk leaving Azul baffled.

"...Huh?"