27 - Embrace.

°•°•°•°•°•°

Jimin's P.O.V.

Bending my body, I carefully placed her on my bed, tucking her under the sheets, I sit beside her on the bed.

Removing the annoying piece of hair which was blocking my view of her face, my fingers brushes against her forehead, it felt a bit too warm for my liking.

Without thinking, my thumb lightly caress her skin as if I was afraid a bit more pressure can break her than she already is.

Snapping out of my trance, I stand up to get cold water and a towel to let her temperature down.

A whimper makes me halt in my steps and I turn around to see a frown on her face, sweat formed on her forehead and I knew she was having a nightmare.

How much have you gone through that it even haunts your sleep?

Her breathing picks up and I was by her side in a second.

"M-Mom........Dad......." It felt like she was reliving that moment and it hurt me to see her like this yet I couldn't do anything about it.

Grabbing her hand, I stroked her hair to calm her down as I couldn't think of anything else.

"Hey, it's okay. It's just a nightmare." Her hand held mine tightly as her frown deepened, her breathing was quickening which made me even more worried.

The word that left her mouth shocked me, as I looked at her to check if she was awake or not and she wasn't.

"Jimin...."

Was she dreaming about me?

And what felt like hours, she finally calmed down and I felt relief wash over me.

Stroking her soft hair, "You scared me there, you know," I say as if she could hear me. Wiping the sweat on her forehead with my sleeve.

I again try to stand up but her hand held mine tightly as if she was afraid that I would vanish even in her sleep.

I lay down on the other side of the bed with our hands interlocked in the middle.

I didn't want to invade her space so I kept my distance, even though I want to hold her in my arms and protect her from every evil in this world but it wasn't possible when I was one of those people she needed protection from.

___________________________________

Rosé P.O.V.

Fluttering my heavy eyelids open, I was surprised to see the sight in front of me which was enough to evade my sleep.

Jimin was sleeping peacefully in front of me.

He looks so....beautiful.

His soft hair was tempting me to touch them. Checking last time that he's sleeping, I lift my hand to touch that velvety hair of his.

But I was stopped when his hand abruptly shot up and held my wrist making me yelp in surprise.

Oh, sweet baby cheeks, was he awake all this time?

He opens his eyes and looks directly into mine and the moonlight which was cascading down the window made his features more ethereal as his eyes twinkled making his black irises look brown.

I was lost in him.

His hand slowly went from wrist to my hand, holding it against his chest while still not breaking eye contact.

His fast heartbeat could be heard against my hand and mine wasn't any different, it was beating at the same pace and even in sync with his.

None of us said a word, as if it would break the tranquility of the moment.

"Are you feeling okay now?" His voice sounded hoarse than usual, making my stomach churn in a weird yet good way.

I nod because I don't trust my tongue right now.

"Words, I need words."

Gulping, "Y-Yeah, I'm fine." Cursing myself internally for pathetically stuttering which made him look at me suspiciously as if he didn't believe me.

"Are you sure? Your face is red right now."

It's blushing, you idiot!

"O-Oh, it's so hot inside." Chuckling nervously, my laugh dies down when he leans closer and my heart felt like it would burst out of my ribcage.

This guy is dangerous for my health.

He places the back of his hand against my cheek, dragging it gently against my skin than at the curve of my neck. His cold fingers made me feel tingly at the sensation as a shiver ran down my spine.

"But you're shivering," he points out and narrows his eyes at my lie.

Think Rosie, think!

"A-Ah..... it's because—AHHH" a thunder rumbles in the sky, scaring the living daylight out of me.

My first instinct was to hide my face in his chest and my body subconsciously plans closer to his body as if my mind knows he will protect me. I clenching his shirt when another rumble of clouds clatters in the sky, making a helpless sound leave my mouth, and a jolt of surprise passes through my body.

I could tell Jimin was frozen at my sudden action and I feel bad for suddenly invading his personal space.

Stop being a baby and pull away!

Reluctantly, I lose my grip on his shirt and slowly pull away but before I could separate myself, his arm snakes around my waist and pulled me till my face was buried in his chest. His other hand slide under my head as a pillow.

His warmth made me feel like when you get cozy in winter.

"Don't be scared, I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you." His sweet words whispers in my ear and my heart thumped against my chest as his words were enough to warm me up.

But a part of me was afraid that this is a figment of my imagination and he will change the next day.

I really don't want his words to get to my heart but it's inevitable because I know somewhere in me carve this attention and affection, that is, if shown a small amount of it, I would melt.

But is it safe to let my guard down like this?

___________________________________

Hello guys! Another update!

So, what do you guys think about this chapter?

Aren't they both just so damn cute.

I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading.