Chapter Twenty One

There was a knock on the door in the middle of her completing her report. She let out a groan as she stood up to see who was at the door. She quickly regretted doing so the minute she pulled the door open. She looked into the eyes of the woman who ruined everything for her, and yet she was at her doorstep again, with a sickening smirk on her face.

“Angie”

“Abigail”, she smiled, and it was clear it wasn't genuine. “Can I come in?”

“What do you want?”

“You'll find out soon enough, only if you let me in. I promise I'm not going to take long”.

She took a long hard look at the older woman standing opposite her. She still looked as cold and ruthless as she did the day she ruined everything between her and Austin before she stepped aside, inviting her in.

“I see you've done well for yourself”, she strode into her apartment, studying her surroundings in mock disgust yet again. It almost felt like déjà vu

“I underestimated you”, she was standing at the center of the lounge before turned to face the younger woman. “By thinking you could make it where you are now without a man”, she said, venom dripping from her voice.

“Angie, if you're here to insult me, you might as well leave right now. I don't have time for this”, Abigail stood firmly at the door.

“You never get tired of preying on innocent rich men, do you Abigail? I wonder what Ian Parker must have seen in you to even want to settle down with a girl like you”, the sole intention was to belittle the young woman as much as she could. She won't lie, even though her and Austin were not together anymore, his heart still belonged to her. And she hated her for it. Her son was still hooked on whatever love potion she fed him years prior. No matter how long or far they were apart, he still loved her.

Abigail wasn't going to let Angie get to her like she did before. She had grown from all the hurt Angie bought on her life. She wasn't that young, naive little girl anymore. She was now a woman, and she was going to stand up for herself.

“You've made your research again I see”, she folded her arms as she stood confidently across the older woman, who was still studying her with her eyes. “Don't you get tired of always sticking your nose into my business Angie? And just focus on your life for once?”

“Your involvement with my son is my business, darling”

“I'm no longer involved with your son anymore, darling. You got what you wanted”, she gave a brief, fake smile before opening the door wide. “Now, if you would please excuse me-”

“Austin was involved in a car accident a couple of days ago. He suffered a severe blow to the head resulting in him suffering from a condition called retrograde amnesia. Events from five years ago have been totally wiped out from his memory. He doesn't remember anything from the time you left him up until now”, the older woman spoke so quickly as if she was reciting some lines of a script, not giving the other woman enough time to process every detail at a time.

Abigail was going through a lot of emotions, not sure how to act. This meant that he probably didn't remember that they met again, and he met their daughter, those memories were all wiped out. She was certain it wouldn't be a good idea to show the older woman she still cared about him. But how could she not? He was still her daughter's father.

“Is he going to be okay?”

“He's a fighter, he always pulls through”

“So what do you want from me Angie? Because I'm sure you didn't just rock up here to keep me posted about what's been happening with Austin”