Chapter 45 - Highway

Kate: I found them, they're up here!

After Javi and David hadn't come back for awhile, Kate decided to go look for them. Sounds like she found them on the roof. You also found Tripp on the way up there.

Kate: Be careful, Javi. I ran into Tripp.

Javi: Oh...

Everyone got onto the roof, Tripp and Javi talked.

Clementine: What do we do now?

Y/N: I don't know, but...

You looked over the edge of the roof and onto the streets.

Y/N: ...going onto the streets isn't an option.

Javi and Tripp joined the rest of the group.

Kate: You think? There's so many... I've never seen this many before. They're just pouring in.

Tripp: It's even worse than you think. The streets are overrun. Going into the buildings is the only option and even those smelly fuckers are beating down ever door.

Y/N: So we're just sitting ducks then. This position were brings back some memories from Savannah. None of them good. 

Kate: What the fuck have we done?

Clementine: So, what's the plan here?

Javi: We look out for each other. We get each other's backs.

David: I agree.

Kate: The best way to do that is to protect this place.

Y/N: How do we do that? We can't go in the streets. Even walkers guts wouldn't help that much for our goal is save this place.

David: We're gonna need some sort of reinforced mobility to get around. Where you guys stole that truck? There's more vehicles there.

He points over at a water tower.

David: That's over at the motor pool by the water tower. We can use the highway overpass to get their.

Javi: Come on. Let's jump!

He jumps over to a staircase that was on the side of another building.

Y/N: We're jumping from building to building? Just like Savannah.

You jumped across and so does everyone else. You then made your way to the roof.

David: Keep your eyes open and stay aware of your surroundings. All of you. 

You all then walked across a billboard that was leaning on another building. As you were crossing, you see a guy get eaten below, the same guy that stabbed you.

Y/N: Ha. That's the guy that stabbed me. Karma, bitch. 

David: Yeah let's be careful up here so we don't end up like him. We're gonna be fine. That guy was all alone. We're not.

Everyone made it onto the highway. David and Javi took care of some of the walkers.

David: Good to go, let's move.

Everyone started walking towards the water tower.

Y/N: You know, Clem. We're on a bridge...

Clementine: It's a highway, not a bridge. Anyway, what's your point?

Y/N: Same thing! Well, kinda. Anyway, things never go good on bridges. I'm feeling a little off being up here.

Clementine: I know what you mean. It does feel... eerie.