{Chapter 14}

Everett's POV:
I was just finishing getting ready for school, when I heard a knock at my door. I knew it would be Madden, he offered to drive me to school today.

I walked to the door and opened it. He had on that stupid grin. Madden walked past me without asking.

"So, this Indigo girl, what happened?" He asked. Of course he wanted to talk about her. I mean, I wasn't complaining. I loved talking about her.

"Um-well, we went on a date. A picnic." I said.

"You went on a date? How was it?" He had this sly look on his face, holding back a laugh. What an ass.

"Amazing, she loved it. You wouldn't believe it, she splashed me with water and then ran way, so obviously I had to catch her. We fell to the floor and..." I zoned out remembering how she looked at me when that happened.

"Yes, lover boy?" He tilted his head.

"Uh- I don't know, I really wanted to kiss her. But I shouldn't." I shook my head.

"You idiot! You should have, why didn't you?" He asked.

I thought about it. "I mean, that would change everything, I don't know if she wants to do that. It would certainly make things that much harder." I said, knowing that if I did that, she was no longer in a safe zone.

"It certainly would." He smirked.

"Shut the hell up." I rolled my eyes.

"I thought I told you to stop being so worried, she's fine. Your dad is not gonna touch her." He sighed.

I nodded. Still, I'll wait until I know she's ready, before anything like that. I'm fine with being her best friend for now. I couldn't help but chuckle when I recalled her asking me to be friends. Best friends.

Suddenly I wanted to get to school that much faster.

We got into his car, heading towards school. In the car, all I thought about was Blue. Something is wrong with me.

"So how did you get her to forgive your ass of a self?" He asked, glancing at me from the driver's seat.

"Honestly? I have no idea. She has a forgiving heart, which helped. I would've never forgiven me, not as easily as she did anyway. It's strange."  I answered.

"What?"

"How she acts around me. It catches me off guard sometimes, I guess. She always has that damn smile when she sees me. That happiness is... good for me, maybe." I shrugged. This is the only way I could try to make sense of it, with "maybes" and "guesses."

He nodded. "You didn't forget about that match tonight, right?" He asked.

I shook my head. It was my first match in an arena. Benny pulled some strings and moved me from the street to actual matches. I know it would get a lot harder, but I was ready.

We arrived at school, and I walked to first period, where I spotted Blue as soon as I walked in. She waved at me as I entered.

I sat down in my seat next to her. I noticed that her eyes were only half open, not as lively as they usually were. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Hey Blue, you okay?" I asked her. She looked up at me from where her head lay on the desk.

She gave me a thumbs up, kind of droopy though. "Yep... a bit tired today..that's all." She blinked slowly. It looked like she had gotten no sleep at all.

"Um- do you need to go to the nurse? I'm sure they'll let you have a nap. You don't look well, angel." I looked down at her. Her lips sat in an adorable pout, eyes struggling to stay open.