[16]

DAYS REMAINING: 36

DAYS REMAINING: 36

THE NEXT DAY, LUNA RETURNED to East High, much to her disliking, but her mother made her go so she didn't miss out on too much school. Her father's funeral would be held tomorrow afternoon.

With the help of Nini, last night Luna had messaged Ricky that she was okay, but that she didn't want to talk about it any further that night. He was respectful of that, yet he wanted to know what was going on, but didn't push her to tell him.

Luna had been trying to avoid anyone from the drama club, not wanting to explain what happened until they were at rehearsal later that day. Gina was super hard to avoid as their lockers were literally next to each other, but she managed to go there during times when her best friend wasn't around. There was one time that she ran into her best friend, but the chat was cut short when Carlos pulled Luna away to ask her opinion on a small scene change.

Ricky was impossible to avoid as they had some classes together, but they didn't get the opportunity to chat until lunch time due to their classes being hectic with their lessons.

Luna and Nini walked into the cafeteria together, laughing about some joke Nini had just rattled off, trying to keep the other girl from being sad. It was working, but she knew she would have to think about her father sooner or later as she had a bunch of people to tell today about it.

Ricky watched as his ex-girlfriend and current girlfriend acted all buddy-buddy with one another. He knew that they had a chat that one day after rehearsal to make sure the two of them were cool with each other, but he had no idea when they became friends.

Big Red pointed out the two girls to Ricky, as if he hadn't already noticed. "Are you seeing this?" Big Red asked, also confused why the two girls were together.

Ricky grumbled, "I'm seeing it, I'm hearing it, and I'm hating it." His friend raised his eyebrow at him before Ricky corrected himself, "Okay, I'm not hating it. It's just weird to see the last two girls I've liked become friends like this."

Big Red nodded, agreeing it was definitely weird. The boys dismissed the conversation as they saw Luna approaching their table, leaving Nini to go sit with other people.

"Hi boys," she greeted, oddly cheery for the current situation she was in. She ruffled Red's hair before taking a seat next to her boyfriend. Before he could question her mood or what happened yesterday, she took him by surprise and kissed him. He was wide eyed for a minute before he kissed her back, leaving Big Red to watch them awkwardly.

Ricky pulled away from the girl. "Well hello to you too, babe," he smirked. Luna scrunched up her nose and smiled at him.

Big Red mumbled under his breath, "Gross."

The two scowled at him before Luna piped up, "Just wait until I set you and Ashlyn up. It won't be so gross when it's you and her." The boy turned red, pretending he didn't have feelings for Ashlyn but everyone could tell he did.