《55》

SIYA'S POV

"Khachhhhhhh"

The coffee mug broke as the cushion hit it.

"Oopps", Sahil said as he covered his mouth with his hands.

Dad narrowed his eyes at us.

We are in danger zone now!!

He walked towards us and towered above us. Hearing the sound of glass shattering, Naira also came and stood beside dad. She looked at the broken coffee mug shocked.

"What the hell happened here?", Naira asked waiting for an answer and both of us...I mean me and my trouble maker brother looked down at the floor, unable to look into dad's furious eyes.

"Ask them only....", dad taunted us but we didn't look up.

"They were playing ludo and then started arguing suddenly and after that started hitting each other with cushions", Dad informed Naira but continued to glare at us.

Naira sighed and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Kids...how many times have I told you? Not to disturb me while I'm working. First of all I have so much pressures from office and now you two are getting on my nerves. I try so hard not to scold you....not to yell at you but you won't stop behaving like maniacs", Dad said frustrated and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry dad....I should've been more careful", Sahil apologised, still looking down at the floor.

"Its okay Sahil...but you deserve a time out. Go to your bedroom and don't come out until I say you", dad instructed Sahil and he walked away.

"Dad....did you take out a new word for "grounded" - "time out"?", I joked but no one laughed.

Okay...my bad!!

"Siya...you're elder to him. Atleast you must've been more responsible!", dad said and I sighed.

"Dad...its just a coffee mug. Stop over reacting. We have plenty of em' at home", I tried to explain him but just then I realised that I've landed myself into a great trouble.

Rule no. infinity: Never talk back when you're being scolded....

"Siya don't talk back and try to wrap this thing around your head", Dad raised his voice and I sighed.

"Yeah...okay sorry. But I just wanted to say that it was Sahil's fault. He cheated in the game and that led to all these things. You just can't keep forgiving him because he's younger", I tried to explain him and he continued to look at me.

"Sahil apologised and I didn't just let him go. He's in a time out in his room", Dad said and I scoffed.

"Oh really?", I raised my eyebrow and dad looked at me confused.

I walked towards the window and pulled the curtains aside.

"Here look", I said and dad and Naira looked down from the window.

Sahil was playing with the pipe in the garden and making himself all wet.

"I'll go check on him", Naira said and walked away.

Dad turned towards me and sighed.

"Listen Siya...I'm sorry. But I'm just a little bit busy with things....I'll talk to Sahil after this", dad said and I nodded.

"Okay then....I'll tell Peter to clean off this mess", I said quickly and turned away, just hoping he wouldn't understand what I just said.

"Wait...why is Peter gonna clean this mess? You caused it...you clear it",  Dad said and handed me the broom and dustpan.