Chapter 71

Today is my Wattpad Anniversary! I joined 4 years ago on this date, and I'm forever thankful that I did. Here's an extra quick chapter update for my readers who have given me nothing but kindness and support. For that, I am forever grateful!

- Sian

Krey regained his composure and left the cellar, slamming the door behind him. His Omega's were already piling the deceased wolves up outside. There were two piles, their allies and their enemies. The Southern wolves pile was a lot bigger, though Krey recognised some of the wolves as his own. His jaw tightened. The Southern wolves had caused him so much pain, and still, the Alpha hid like a coward.

Krey found the rest of his wolves in the dining hall. "Where are the other packs?" Krey asked, storming up to his mother and Francis who handed out cups of tea to the wolves who were trapped in the cellar overnight. Krey stared at the cups of tea. His stomach twisted in knots.

"They've gone back to their Packhouses. One of the Delta's suddenly freaked out about leaving their Packhouses alone because the Bedlam Alpha could be anywhere. They all left in a panic."

"Stay close to your phone then, Francis. If they need help, we have their back." Krey sat down and rubbed his temples. He couldn't shake the feeling of absolute exhaustion. "Something's not right," he mumbled.

Makena quickly ushered other wolves away and sat next to her son. "What's wrong with you?" she asked, checking for wounds. She hadn't seen anyone hurt Krey in the fighting.

"Something's up with Pip. I need to find him."

"It's not safe out there with the Alpha still loose. Nobody knows how big the Bedlam pack really are. We don't know how many Beta's overthrew Northern Alpha's. There could be packs on their way here to fight right now. You have to stay here to protect your pack."

Krey sat up and stared at his mother. Makena then saw his fatigue in the deep circles around his eyes, and the way he struggled to glare so hard. "Do you expect me to sit here and simply hope that Pip makes it back alive?"

"No. Send wolves out to look for him and Sid. Sid had an injured arm and Pip's human. They couldn't have gotten very far in the snow."

"That's what worries me. The Southern Alpha was probably watching Sea Claw Packhouse when they escaped. They knew we were there because their traitor Beta was there, probably feeding them all the information." Krey climbed to his feet. "We need to get to them. Now! Francis, phone packs that didn't answer us last time. Ask them to spare a few Omega's to look out for Pip and Sid. If I can't go and look for him, send as many Omega's out that you think we can spare. If Pip isn't found within the hour, I'll go myself."

Francis was gone for almost half an hour, phoning as many Packhouses as she could. Only two Packhouses picked up, but they were Packhouses on the North East. Sid and Pip would still be West.

When she returned to Krey with the news that only two packs picked up, he was pacing the canteen, making everyone around him very anxious.

"Then go and ring again!" Krey yelled. His presence was just bearable when he spoke. His shouting made everyone want to run and take cover.

Francis knew she would be just as on edge if she had a mate that was missing, and something bad was happening to them. "Please be okay Pip. Please be okay Sid," she whispered and ran back down the corridor.

When she reached the Packhouse home phone, Krey had followed her and was looming right behind her like a dark cloud, wanting to hear what other packs had to say.

* * * * *

Pip's mind surfaced to one of the worst headaches he had ever felt. For a while, he wondered if something was banging against his head with every heartbeat. As his mind rationalised his situation, Pip was soon aware of a dull pain in the back of his neck, then the throb of his heart in his face.