67

Jessica, Garth and Dean had arrived at the Mutual Freedom Insurance building. Dean, Garth and Jessica were to play the roles of some newspaper journalists.

As the three sat there silently waiting, they all watched as Sam and Becky stepped out of an office.

Garth inched closer towards Dean. "Hey, isn't that you're—"

"Yes." Dean finished.

"Awkward."

Dean and Jessica stood up as Sam and Becky reached them.

"Hi." Dean looked at Becky and the woman glared at him. She quickly walked away. But Jessica followed her.

"Becky, wait!" Jessica caught up to the girl.

"What do you want?" Becky snapped.

"Look, I just, I want to apologize." Jessica sighed. "If you and Sam are really happy together, then there was no need for me to act like that towards you two."

Beckys face softened.

"Oh." The girl had been completely taken aback by Jessica's apology. "Apology accepted."

Jessica gave the woman a small smile. "But I know you're hiding something. I just can't figure out what it is."

"So," Jessica cleared her throat as Sam appeared beside Becky. "What do you two plan on doing after this?"

"I was thinking a romantic trip." Becky smiled up at Sam.

"Ah," Jessica nodded her head. "That sounds lovely."

"It sure will be!" Becky almost squealed.

Jessica had to keep the acid that built up in her throat down. She wouldn't let herself throw up. Not like this.

"Well," Jessica turned around just in time to see Dean and Garth coming out of an office. "I better get going, nice chatting with you."

Becky waved goodbye to Jessica and began to walk out of the building with Sam.

"I hate that girl." Jessica grumbled.

~<•>~

The three were running down a stairwell to catch up to the CEO's wife. Jessica had no idea why they were doing this. Dean didn't spare her any details. He just grabbed her hand and quickly walked to the stairwell with Garth towing behind.

"Mrs. burrow?" Dean started as they came to a flat surface on the stairs.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked.

"Yes, we're doing a story on your husbands promotion. Wanted to ask a few questions."

The woman lightly chuckled. "I'm sorry. I can't today. If you schedule it with his girl..." the woman made a quick escape but Dean stopped her.

"Okay, you know what? I'm trying to save you from a really bad accident."

The woman cocked a brow. "Are you threatening me?"

"What?" Dean took his hand off of the woman's shoulder. "No, I-I'm pointing out a pattern. Why do people keep thinking I'm threatening them?"

"Because it sounded exactly like a threat, dude." Garth said.

Dean sighed. "Look, for your own good, what did you do to get him promoted?"