4.3

FOURTY-THREE.
the lava river

🔹️🔹️🔹️

I snickered, 'A Mandalorian and a Jedi, huh?'

The Armorer looked at Mando and noticed how frozen he was. She glanced at me before turning to face all of us. She stood up tall and announced:

".. This is the Way."

Then, she shifted her head to look at Mando. She held a tool and a mudhorn signet in her hands. She trudged over to him, "You have earned your Signet."

She applied the signet on Mando's right pauldron as Mando stood still. I turned my body to watch; sparks of metal flew all over the room. I pursed my lips and ran a hand through my hair.

"You are a clan of three." The Armorer announced as she finished applying the signet. Mando slowly looked at her.

".. Thank you." He breathed out. "I will wear this with honor."

Suddenly, there was a loud muffled explosion coming from a small distance away. We all turned towards the direction of the sound. Soft footsteps could be heard coming towards the enclave.

"We should go." Greef announced. I took out my blaster and placed it in my hand, holding it up next to my face.

"I'll cover for you guys--"

"No, you are in no condition to fight." The Armorer shook her head. I sighed in defeat. She turned to face IG-11, "IG, please guard the outer hallway. A scouting party draws near."

IG-11 walked over to Cara and placed the brown bag in her free arms. Her eyes widened, "Hang on, I don't do the baby thing--!"

The child squealed as Cara tried to hold the child still inside the bag. I smiled weakly. As IG-11 marched away to the outer hallway, the Armorer turned around to prepare something for Mando.

"I have one more gift for your journey," She announced. "Have you trained in the Rising Phoenix?"

He nodded, "When I was a boy, yes."

"Then this.." She turned back around, presenting a jetpack to Mando. ".. will make you complete."

"Thank you.." Mando replied.

I stared at the jetpack with awe. It reminded me of a Mandalorian bounty hunter many years ago. He had worked with Darth Vader. However, in battle, I had broken his jetpack. It resulted in him plummeting down into the Sarlacc pit. After that, I never saw him again -- I assumed he died.

"When you have healed, you will begin your drills. Until you know it, it will not listen to your commands." The Armorer stated.

Mando nodded, "I understand."

Shortly after his reply, we could hear the sounds of blasters firing in the hallways. The bright red lights of the blasts illuminated the whole enclave.

I gripped onto my blaster tightly, preparing to fight. But before I could go outside, a muffled thud echoed throughout the enclave. A few seconds had passed, and we heard nothing. I bit my lower lip.

Just then, IG-11 stepped out of the hallway and turned to look at us. I relaxed a little as it announced, "You are protected."

"But more will come," I said, urgently. "We have to go."

".. Come with us." Mando said to the Armorer. She sighed in response.

"My place is here. Restock your munitions." She demanded. She quickly made her way over towards IG-11. "IG, carry this for Din Djarin until he is well enough to wear it. Now, go."