Chapter 6

Her second year in Wellston began tensely. She was at odd ends with Arlo, who now seemed bent on getting her to actually use her ability in Turf Wars. Or even use it at all, despite the fact that he knew she would literally go to the infirmary everyday than use it beyond floating things. Or at least, he should've noticed....

You know how weird it was to be in the same room as him, since he organized school events, and she was on the decorating committee?!

But, faced with her strong objections, the others on Turf Wars told him to not, because she was just a mid-tier that didn't even want to. They didn't believe him when he said she could control gravity. Isen even advised to not bother her, because he was scared of her liking things like Polish Jerry and allegedly telling Elaine she was a "real grandpa".

That just angered Arlo more.

Liana already blocked his number, actively avoided him, even quit her job at that cafe she'd worked at for 3 years! Now that she wasn't talking to him anymore, her bullying situation didn't change for the better. She started getting rides with her uncle too, despite having to wake up really early. He wasn't sure if she had a job anymore. And he did wake up at five in the morning once, to go to their house, but he was told Liana had left... three hours ago. It was five in the morning!

Really, how out of the way was she trying to avoid him? What does someone even do at that time? Sneak out and start fights with shady people?

At least Isen gave him a paper about her ability, but he wouldn't give anything else. He was honestly scared of her. Originally, Isen gave him a paper about her ability when she only floated herself and items around her, but Arlo asked for the real one.

Seen to control gravity. Can make herself, and objects of her interest, float. Can increase gravity on both animate and inanimate objects. Limits have not been explored, as she refuses to use her ability. Has been noted to be able to crush items into dust. Side effects seem to be vertigo.

For some reason, despite that, her level on top of the note was a mid-tier one. Not even more than 3.

Wanting to try to gain her favor again to convince her, he managed to invite her to the Kovoro Mall on her birthday. By texting her old phone, which didn't block him.

Could she even block on that phone? He was surprised she even knew that blocking existed. But since she used the phone he gave her more often, he guessed he was lucky that it happened to be charged and forgotten to have blocked him.

He stood outside Kovoro Mall, on his phone and waiting, until he heard a voice that honestly sounded mad at him.

"I'm here." Looking up, his eyes took in the appearance of Liana. Her light blue hair, tied into two longer braids, her matching color eyes, her short stature, a shirt she wore with buttons, she looked the same as... that night.

"Happy birthday," he stuffed his phone into his pocket. "Come on, we have a movie to catch. And did I mention how great you look-?"

She sighed in exaggeration, only to show she was annoyed, before following after, dragging her feet. "I thought I told you to leave me alone," Liana muttered.

"You'll have to try harder than ignoring me," he smirked. "After the movie, we'll go to the Dollar Sapling."

"What's the movie?"