68

Everyone had gone back to Becky's place. Sam and her sat at a table with a piece of paper sitting in front of the girl. It was a restraining order.

Sam had finished signing his name and had slid the paper towards Becky.

"It wasn't all bad, right?" Becky asked.

Sam flatly stared at Becky and the girl sighed.

"Okay, you did save my life, and for that, thanks."

"So, I'll see you again?" Becky asked hopefully.

"Yeah, probably not." Sam replied.

Becky closed her eyes slowly then opened them. Her hands grabbed the paper and pen and she began to sign it.

"Becky, look." Sam sighed. "You're not a loser, okay? You're a good person, and you've got... a lot of... energy. So, you know, just do your thing, whatever that is, and the right guy will find you."

Becky looked towards Garth and the man began to fix his appearance. When the hunter turned towards Dean the man immediately shook his head.

"No... No."

~<•>~

Everyone was outside now. Sam and Dean leaning against their car. Jessica was leaning against Dean. His arm draped over her shoulders.

Garth walked towards the three.

"Well buddy," Dean started. "I got to say, man—you uh... don't suck."

Garth chuckled. "Thank you. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. Well..." Garth went to walk away but stopped and hugged Dean.

Dean flinched at the sudden contact. "Oh, all right, that's—thank you." Dean patted Garths back and cleared his throat.

Garth broke away and smiled at Jessica.

"Come here." Jessica held out her arms with a smile across her lips.

Garth smiled at her and hugged her as well. When he broke away, Jessica couldn't help but keep the smile on her lips. "Take care."

Garth waved goodbye and got into his car. Then he took off.

"Aw," Sam was looking at his brother. "You made a fwend."

"Uh-Uh." Dean glared at Sam. But his brother laughed.

"I'm gonna miss him." Jessica nodded her head as she watched Garth drive further away. "He was cool."

Sam cleared his throat and looked at Dean again. "Look man, when I was all dosed up, I-I said some crap."

"Oh, you mean, she-she wasn't your soulmate?" Dean quipped.

Sam chuckled. "Shut up. I mean, I do need you back watching my back. Obviously."

Dean nodded his head. "Yeah, when Uh, crazy groupies attack."

Sam rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean."

"You know, I got to say, man... for a wack job, you really pulled it together."

"That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me." Sam repeated Garth's words. All three chuckled.

Sam continued. "Look, don't be too impressed, man. It's still a Denver scramble up here. I just know my way around the plate now."