EIGHTEEN

* * *

"I think we've lost them,"

"Yeah, I think so too!" the green eyed girl in her arms exclaims, "We've lost them all, including our friends! Great job!!"

This girl is really draining the last ounce of her patience.

She really cannot understand herself why she is even putting up with this Arcadian. Maybe it's her no-bullshit attitude, or maybe it's her pretty face or her wonderful vanilla-cinnamon scent, or maybe it's her warm supple body against hers.

She really doesn't know anymore.

Of course Camila can see that they have lost everybody during the chase. The girl didn't need to point out the obvious like she didn't notice already.

It's really annoying.

The Lionhearts have already anticipated retaliation from the serpentinas, considering what she did was a deliberate sneak attack on the gang leader's den of snakes. But she did not think it will happen so soon.

She has just barely digested the roasted king cobra she had for breakfast when her dad's lackeys eventually traced their camp.

Despite the suddenness of the attack, the Lionhearts have a contingency plan for occasions such as this. They all knew what they're up against, so they have prepared, even Simona. Although the old woman had plans of her own with Laura, Simona knew of theirs.

It was hypocritical for the old woman to shelter them with whatever deal she has with Laura, especially where trouble is concerned. They have lived through many dangers, almost on a daily basis in fact, so it was a moot point. A lame excuse for something the old woman doesn't want to disclose and really it's hypocritical.

But she respects the woman enough to not pry about it.

In all the years they've known one another, Camila knew that Simona's past is a bit of a sore matter to discuss.

Pretty much like her own.

"We'll head off to the city of Taurea for now. Lay low for a couple of days then meet the others on the road on our way to Reiham Port," she stated flatly.

Hoping to appear so nonchalant. Hoping to not show how her entire being is reacting to the beautiful girl in her arms.

But she can't help it.

She couldn't stop herself from brushing her lips on the soft skin of Laura's ear. It wasn't her intention to speak in such throaty, low voice, as if it was a struggle to breathe out words, especially since it's just the two of them flying high up above. But still she found herself doing so anyway. It seems as if her first impulse to do is to be so close, so intimate.

This is so uncharacteristic of her. And very concerning as well.

Camila deduced it to the fact that the girl is ridiculously attractive, and she is not immune to that. Such beauty that is so captivating and truly hard to resist. Over the years, she has met her own fair share of beauties but none of them had this kind of effect on her. Indescribable and irresistible and overwhelming.

It's throwing her off.

Not to mention the attitude that is attached to the girl's pretty face. The fact that the Arcadian won't take any type of bullshit from her is both admirable and irritating. It's good to know that some people can stand for themselves.

Suffice to say, Camila is caught up in a tangle of conflicting emotions towards the green eyed girl. But when they are this close, it seems like her rational thoughts, her brilliant brain cells, are trying to go somewhere else and leave all the decision making to her hormones.