Uno

Amber's pov:

"HAH! I FOUND THEM!!!" Julie says, excitedly holding up a jar of pickles in the air like it was a first place trophy.

"Why... why pickles?" Is the only thing that I can manage to ask as she skips to the cart and puts it in.

"Because I can never find the pickles at this store. They always put them in a place other than where the sign says they are." She pouts, pushing the cart as I follow along behind her, occasionally picking up the items on the list that she would pass by without even realizing.

After school, Julie picked me up to go to the supermarket so we could get food for tonight when everyone comes over.

Not going to lie, I was still a little nervous to meet Ashton, Jake, and Zander.

Not because I thought they were mean or anything, I just wanted them to like us, especially Liam, because it would mean so much to him.

"Ahhh, are you still worried about meeting the boys tonight?" Julie studies my facial expression as I take a deep breath, knowing that I couldn't lie to her.

"Yeah... I'm sorry, I just can't help it. I know you said that they are really nice and all and that they want to meet us, but I can't help but feel a little nervous." I tell her truthfully.

She nods her head while putting a hand on my shoulder, sympathetically squeezing it lightly.

"It's okay to be nervous, I completely understand. Coming from one of the awkwardest, most introverted person on the planet," she gives me a silly grin, "I definitively know what it's like to be nervous about meeting new people."

"But you were able to talk to me so easily when Damien introduced me to you guys, I honestly think you're more extroverted than me-..."

Interrupting my sentence, she bursts into a fit of laughter while pointing at herself, "Me...Extroverted? I think that's the first time I've ever had those two words in the same sentence."

I shake my head, trying to hide my own laugh, "I'm serious though! Out of everyone who I talked to, you were probably the easiest to talk to."

She looks up at me, giving me a sheepish grin, "I kinda understand where you are coming from, I guess I have become a little more extroverted throughout the year. I guess that's all thanks to Ashton. As much as I helped him when it came to him being a little... too much to handle... he's helped me crack out of my shell and made it easier for me to not be afraid to speak my mind. I guess that's just what the right person does to you."

I couldn't help but awe at her words.

I actually remember seeing them together a lot last year when Ashton still went to highschool.

Not that I was stalking them or anything like that, but there were just times where I would see them walking together in the hallway or passing by their lunch table to get to mine.

They definitely were the "it" couple of the school.

At first, I found it crazy when I learned that Ashton had a girlfriend.

Well to be fair, I think the whole school was shocked.

Everyone knew Ashton, and everyone knew that he DIDN'T date anyone, no matter how many girls tried to flirt with him.

It's funny because I still remember the look on Tessa's face when she found out that Ashton had a girlfriend.

I remember Liam dragging me to the cafeteria quickly one day to see Tessa freaking out about the news and throwing a complete tantrum in the middle of the cafeteria.