• 70 •

Author's note: Double update, since it is a holiday here today. And to share the holiday mood, here you go! PS. From this chapter onwards, big fluff moments incoming for Cecil and Xue.

Cecil heard the tortured screams from the arena, gasping in shock. Before Leonaut could even utter a word, she had already rushed in and she stumbled upon the gruesome of a man being eaten alive by two big wolves. Horrified, she retreated a few steps and she looked at the unconscious Hana in Leonaut’s arms, widening her eyes in realisation. 

“You let Hana watch this happen?” Cecil asked, her voice grim. 

“Yes, because he was the same guy that tried to take advantage of both of you…” Leonaut answered honestly, staring down at Hana blankly. 

Cecil placed her palm on her forehead, closing her eyes. 

So this was the reason why. This is why Hana reacted in the way she did. 

Cecil opened her eyes, inhaling deeply. “Let Hana rest, she won’t wake up anytime soon.” 

“What?” Leonaut widened his eyes, showing a hint of panic. “Why? What happened to her?” 

Cecil knew Hana was recovering another memory this time, but she wasn’t sure what it was. She didn’t answer Leonaut, only narrowing her eyes at him. 

“You forced Hana to watch this,” Cecil rebuked, pointing towards the arena. “Do you still think you deserve to know what made her like this?” 

She winced, realising she had used her injured arm to point at the arena. 

Leonaut seemed hurt by her words, his gaze lingering on the blood seeping through her right sleeve. 

Cecil couldn’t afford to let her heart grow soft, even though this person was a soul fragment of Xue. What he had done to Hana was wrong. 

I guess, what is bound to happen will happen eventually. Maybe...if I had been a few seconds earlier, I could have stopped it...but would it have made a difference? 

Cecil shook her head, she didn’t want to dwell on it, especially when she was still in this environment. 

“I’ll stay beside Hana to take care of her,” Cecil said softly. “Let her rest somewhere.” 

“But--” 

“I won’t escape,” she stated firmly. “Not with Hana like this.” 

Leonaut opened his mouth, wanting to speak once more but decided not to. In the end, they left the arena and headed towards Leonaut’s room.

***

Hana was in a dream. 

She knew she was in a dream. 

Since, once again, she saw a familiar ash blonde-haired man, but his smile was so amiable, his long hair cascaded down his back, past his waist. Moreover, she was in a place she clearly had not been to before. 

***

Hana was seated down under the pavilion, on the white, porcelain chair. Her legs were crossed over as she read a book with rapt attention, the book placed on the white, porcelain table.

The pavilion was situated next to the water lily pond, one of the many famous ponds in the heavens. The water lilies were in a vibrant purple, and the water was extremely clear, one could see the roots of the water lilies through the water.