Part 33: Escape route.

The post lunch scenes in the mansion were quite opposite to the action filled morning. Karan and tripura were lying on her bed with karan having her secured in his arms. The darkness and hollow in her eyes had left a bitter taste in karan's mouth as he scrunched his face yet again with the mere reminder.

His palm were stroking her head softly in a rhythm and could feel the rise and fall of her chest at his side. His eyes were focused to the ceiling as nothing but her miserable state was filled in his mind, he turned his gaze at her and pondered more on what might have happened and what she might have gone through.

"what have I done to you" he whispered to her scalp but she was way past the conscious and into a deep slumber in his arms.

His question shook his own self, he even had no idea what will he do to keep her safe and sound. Their days were ticking fast as the reminder made him look at the calender in his phone.

Suddenly struck by a thought, he took his phone and dialled a message to vishal. Once done with the message he kept his phone on his chest and caressed her pink cheeks pecking her forehead frequently. Her breathe fanned his and that made him secure her more close to him.

"You are mine" he kissed her lips softly to which she whimpered but he made sure she was back on the slumber by patting her.

His phone vibrated on his chest as he looked at vishal who sent him the number he asked for.

He typed another message to the contact vishal sent and waited patiently for the reply to come.

The time taken for the reply to come was manageable for him as he had his sleeping beauty in his arms. She still graced his shirt and looked so beautiful that he had no complains in passing his time by just looking at her.

His phone pinged once more and he quickly took it to see the wanted reply.

Reading the message, his thought process raced back on track, his face after reading the message changed from a confused state to a happy one and he again texted vishal for more things to do.

Finally done with ordering and doing some more work on his phone, he kept it on the table on DND and gathered her in a bear hug while closing his eyes to join her on a nap to.

-------

She heard faint voices as her slumber started breaking. Stretching her arms slightly, she heard his voice which felt gibberish for few seconds and when it went clear, she opened her eyes just to be greeted by a view she'd do anything for, his smiling face.

"Wake up beautiful" he said before she opened her eyes, his fingers tickling her hip.

"There you go" he smiled ear to ear when her doe eyes focused on him. "Get up!" He tickled her more and when she smiled and tried to control his fingers he giggled.

"Go and fresh up, will sort the coffee" he still was resting on his elbow and she never left his gaze. The warmth she felt it in his eyes mesmerised her. He can see the depth of how she felt for him and that made him determined with whatever he was doing.

"Come on!" He cheered her and pecked her lips softly a couple of times before getting up.

Once he was out of the room and she was out of his charm, she stretched herself and thanked the almighty for these beautiful moments, her cheeks coloured up with how his eyes were focused on him, how he looked at her.

Gathering herself up, she moved to freshen up and came as soon as he called her out.

"Here you go Madame" he held his hand for her and she gave in without a hesitation.