Chapter 19

By now everyone has jumped through the hole in the ground. The reactions were more of the same, coming through screaming, and then relief that they landed in a net. Eric soon begins to speak and everyone starts to crowd around him.

"OK now that you've made it into the compound, let's go for a tour shall we. Transfers with Four, Dauntless born with me. We'll meet up at the end" Eric says

"Wait, Four like the number?" Dean says

"Yes Four like the number," Tobias says "Is that a problem? "

"No sir".

All the Dauntless go with Eric and I already feel like the group is much smaller. There are a lot of transfers this year, but something about the Dauntless makes you feel like there are twice as many people around you. Tobias starts to walk and we all follow. I notice that he's more confident now not only in his step but in his words as well. Like nothing can touch him. We first go around to the cafeteria. I've been here before so I slowly zone out as Tobias explains things. We then walk over to where we'll be sleeping. The dormitories as they call it. There are clothes set up on each bed that are all black, and shoes are sitting on the floor right next to it.

"Ok, get changed and then meet at the Pit. That's what we walked by when we were coming here. You have 5 minutes." Tobias tells us. I look around and I see no rooms to change in. Eventually, some guys start changing and the rest follow. Do we have to change in front of people? I immediately grab the bed in the corner, and Katherine grabs the one next to me. I start to change my shirt first, putting it over my Abnegation shirt, and then pulling the one from underneath out. I decide to tie my sweater around my waist first, and then put the pants on.

"Looks like the stiff has to cover herself up before changing," Dean says "Are you getting uncomfortable stiff," he says in an annoying squeaky voice.

"Maybe you should do the same. It'll be more comfortable for the rest of us to not have to see too much of you" Jake says

I hear a few laughs go around the room and Dean just scoffs. I eventually have my pants and shirt on and begin to put on my shoes. These shoes are different. They're all black and have a heel to them. I think they call them combat boots?I feel like myself in them. When I'm done changing, I'm wearing a black tank-top and some tight black pants. To my surprise, my hair hasn't gotten completely messed up, It's still curled and has the braid crown mostly intact. By now most everyone is dressed, Katherine looks over and smiles at me while raising her eyebrows. "Not too bad Rose," She says quietly so only I can hear.

"Can say the same for you" I say back smiling.

We all begin to walk out the door and I find myself standing next to Jake.

"Hey thanks for that by the way," I whisper to him "you didn't have to do that but I'm glad that you did."

"No problem. Dean annoys me as much as he annoys you if not more" he says smiling

"Why do I find that hard to believe?" I say back.

"I don't know why do you?" He says raising his eyebrows and smiling. I laugh and we continue to walk down to the pit. When we get there I already see Eric and Tobias standing in the middle. We crowd around them like usual and they start to tell us about the next phase. By now the Dauntless born have met up with us as well.

"This is the pit," Tobias says motioning "You will begin training in the training room, which is right over there," he says pointing to a dark room in the left side of the wall"Tattoo parlor is over there, and the cafeteria is through there. There are three stages in initiation, The physical, the emotional, and the mental. Everyone will be ranked at the end of each stage and whoever is still under the red line, will be cut."

"Wait cut? You mean like factionless?" Katherine says

"Exactly like factionless" Eric says

"What? If we would have known there was a chance of us getting cut we woul-" An Amity boy starts to say. Zach I think is his name.

"What you wouldn't have chosen us?" Eric says cutting Zach off " If your saying you wouldn't have chose Dauntless because you knew you could get cut, you can leave right now. You don't deserve to be in Dauntless if you're a coward."

Zach looks down while Eric continues speaking.

"You chose us. Now we get to choose you" Eric says. I understand what Eric is saying, it's not like they're just going to let you into Dauntless if you're a weak link. You have to be able to fight your way through to the top. This is Dauntless, I'm not in Abnegation anymore.

Authors Note: Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter, keep reading to see Rose's process through initiation! Please make sure to vote,comment and share this story! ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 200 VIEWS! I really appreciate it and I still can't believe I managed to get 5, much less 200. Thank you so much, love you all! 😁♥

-Violet