Chapter 33- Our happy ending

Author's note: OMG GUYSSSSS!!! LAST CHAPTER. We made it!! ❤Thank you so much for staying with me through this journey and I can't thank you for all the love support you have given this story. I really hope that you found it worth your time.

I do have a short epilogue planned out, and I'll upload it in case you are interested. Let me know if you want to read it.

I have said this before too, but the first and last chapters are always the hardest to write, so I am sorry in advance if the chapter isn't up to the mark. Thank you again for reading and hope you enjoy the last chapter❤😊

~~~●●●~~~

Shaurya closed his eyes and let the hot water cascade over him and wash away his exhaustion and sadness. It had been 16 days since he had seen Dhvani and Dhruv. From the card that Dhruv had sent via Lucky, it seemed like Dhvani had told him that his father was on a secret mission. He could imagine Dhruv's face lighting up at the mention of his father doing something cool. His resolve had weakened every night as he slept alone in his bed, scrolling through the pictures the three of them had taken over the past month. He wanted to run to them and tell them that they could all just move to a small village or different country away from this mess and live their own little world, but he didn't. He knew that it would be selfish of him to ask both Dhvani and Dhruv to make such a big sacrifice.

Standing in the bathroom of a very luxurious hotel room in Kolkata alonf with his great performance in the last game should bring him some sense of pride and contentment, but he simply felt hollow on the inside. Nothing seemed to have the same appeal anymore. Armoured with experience from their last breakup, he thought he would be more competent to deal with the dull pain that was forming in his chest. He didn't even know how he had managed to get through the practice and score a century in the match yesterday against Sri Lanka without his body collapsing under the overwhelming burden of his misery. Closing his eyes, he leaned forward to place his forehead against the wall. Now, letting the hot water fall directly on his shoulder blades and upper back.

He raised his hand only to see that it was trembling. What the hell was happening to him? He needed to see a doctor before his situation got worse. Turning off the shower, he slowly picked up the towel and began drying himself. Next, with jerky movements, he slipped into his t-shirt and track pants. He wasn't sure why he suddenly had difficulty breathing. Using the cold water from the sink, he kept splashing his face till he finally felt like he was sure he could make it to the enormous bed without his legs giving away. Harshly wiping his face with his hand and not bothering with a towel, he took a deep breath as he looked into the mirror. Then, with a sigh, he opened the bathroom door, looking forward to sliding under the covers and getting some sleep before his game tomorrow.

He stopped dead in his tracks when his glance fell on the sight in front of him. Butterflies began buzzing in his stomach almost as they did before every match, but only this time it wasn't out nervousness. This time it was out of anticipation.

He saw that Dhvani was carrying Dhruv as they both stood in front of the floor to ceiling windows and watched the city lights. Dhruv jabbed at the window with his finger while she just smiled, shaking her head.

Slowly, he took a small tentative step forward wanting to touch the mirage in front of him, but he was also scared that he would wake up from his dream and then he would be back to his reality. The reality where he was all alone.

"Papa!" Dhruv exclaimed happily when he noticed Shaurya.

"There you are!" Dhvani laughed and walked towards Shaurya. "I was starting to get worried that you would come out after using up all the city water."