three.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。
CHAPTER THREE.

(IN YOUR DREAMS.)

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

ISLA WOKE TO THE SMELL OF WEED. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, the blonde sat up straighter against the hammock. She turned to see JJ relighting a joint he made before. Isla rolled her eyes, checking the time on her phone.

"At 7:48 in the morning, JJ?" She asked, standing from the hammock and stretching her limbs. "Less than twelve hours ago we finished a blunt."

JJ ignored her comment, handing the blunt to her instead. Isla scoffed but took it nonetheless. She took a few drags before handing it back to him. "Can never go wrong with a lil weed, my friend," JJ grinned, standing off the hammock as well. "You're a really good pillow. Your boobs gave me the best sleep I've had in a while."

Isla ran her fingers through her tangled hair. "You're welcome for that, I guess," she said, brushing the dirt off of her legs. "I'm gonna go shower. I feel and look like shit."

As JJ tucked the blunt in between his lips, he grabbed his hat and put it over his semi-greasy hair. He lifted his shirt from the dirt and put it on before chasing after the girl. "Goddamn, why do you walk so fast?"

Isla didn't look back. "Why do you walk so slow?" She retorted as she opened the door to the chateau. "Morning, Kie." She smiled at her friend, who lazily waved in response. JJ collapsed on the pullout bed next to her, earning a groan and a shove from Kie.

"Get off, JJ. You stink."

JJ held his hand over his heart in mock pain. "Ouch, Kiara. Whoever said words can't hurt obviously lied." he snuggled closer to Kie, ignoring her attempts to push him off.

Isla kicked her shoes off and walked into John B's room, peeking her head inside. She expected to see him passed out on his bed but was surprised when she didn't. "Where's John B?" Isla called out from the hallway.

"Had a meeting with DCS today. Said he'd be back later for a bonfire." Kiara yelled back, deciding to get off of the pullout bed. JJ let out a huff in annoyance.

Isla suddenly remembered John B telling her about his dad's disappearance the night before. Her heart sank a little in her chest at the thought of Big John being lost at sea on his own. He was always so impulsive, so hearing that he left home to hunt down a shipwreck— sorry, the most famous shipwreck in the obx— the Royal Merchant, was no surprise to Isla. But it had been nine months; a little too long, in Isla's eyes. She couldn't help but feel a sliver of worry when she thought about Big John. Hopefully, he was somewhere safe, with intentions to come home soon.