33. The confession

We rush back to BigHit right after I told Freddie everything about the phone call I just had with my father.

Bang PD, a lawyer of the label, and the marketing team manager for my comeback have arrived at the conference room.

'Do you have a recording of the phone call that you just had with your father?' The lawyer asks.

'No, I do not.'

'And you said the deadline for which you have to send him 150 thousand Hong Kong dollars is next Friday. Is that right?'

'Yes, that is correct.'

Bang PD stays silent the whole time but has decided to finally voice his opinion.

Please don't fire me.

'Shannon-ssi, what do you want to do about it?' He asks.

'If I give him the money, he is bound to come back for more,' I say. 'But if I don't, I don't know what he is capable of doing. I am not worried about myself, but my mother, sister and the company.'

He nods in agreement, 'you and the company have worked hard to establish an impeccably successful debut. Plus we have your highly-anticipated first comeback in 2 days. I suggest you settle the matter as soon as possible so you are not too affected during the promotion period.'

'Shannon-ssi, don't forget that this comeback also affects the promotion of your next album as well,' the marketing manager tells me. 'The album sales affect greatly on whether a tour is possible, and also your debut in Japan.'

Welcome to the life of being an idol. There's so much to decide on for the distant future and one thing that happens in the present can hinder the future just in a click.

'I understand,' I reply. 'Sorry for the inconvenience.'

----------------

When I got home at 2 am after practicing for the rest of the afternoon, I finally got time to sit down and think about what I should do.

Jimin oppa tried to facetime me for our weekly session. Normally, I'd be more than happy to catch up with the sunbaenims, but today I am really not at my best. I doubt I'd even have the strength to put up a fake smile so he won't have to worry about me and get distracted from the tour.

Taehyung, Seokjin and Hoseok oppa used their phones to try and facetime me. But I didn't pick up any of their calls.

When I am about to turn off my phone, Jungkook oppa texted me.

Shannon, are you ok?

No, I'm really not but I don't want you guys to worry about me.

S: yes oppa

J: you're not picking up your phone. Jimin hyung misses you

J: and also V hyung

J: and Jin hyung, Hope hyung, Suga hyung and RM hyung, too

J: we're wishing you good luck with your comeback

The whole group must be screaming at him to put their names on as well. I smile at the silly arguments that must be happening in their hotel room wherever they are in the world right now.

S:  Please tell the oppas I said thank you and, don't worry about me

I turn off my phone after hitting send and then go to sleep after a shower.

----------------

Today is the last day before the promotion period starts. I have to settle the problem today, and I already got a solution.