44 | enemy fire

| meliorism |
chapter forty-four

| meliorism |chapter forty-four

  ҉  ҉  ҉

The anxiousness itched within her as the days went by. The constant thought about going back and taking what was hers replayed in her head, not letting go.

It had now been a couple of days after Rhena discovered the journals, but the opportunity of taking them and fleeing had not been presented. No matter what she did, the office was never alone, so there was no way she was getting in without being spotted.

    Regardless, she still kept an eye out and tried to act as normal as possible. She trained alone, got better little by little, and had her goal in mind. She was tired, and all she wanted to do was to be safe and sound in her home. Today was going to be the senior prank  night, the one her friends had been talking about silence their first year. She missed them a lot.

    Instead of being there with them, she was walking towards her aunt's office. She had been told by her aunt that she needed to talk to her along with Odeya, which made her extremely nervous. However, if the opportunity presented itself, she was going to get in the red room, take the journals and leave the convoy. Then, if she was successful, she was going to leave as soon as she could. Something was going to happen, she could feel it.

    Rhena walked towards the office, gripping her oversized jacket. She had taken her brother's old jacket, big and spacious enough to fit and hide journals for her getaway. She passed the other residents, looking to the front as she walked as fast as she could.

Once she got to the door, she hesitated to knock, but did it after a few seconds. The moment she entered, her aunt was at her desk as usual, and Odeya was sitting in the closet chair to her. She bit the inside of her cheek as she closed the door and walked towards the front, slightly shaking.

    "You called me, aunt Morgana?" she looked at her, looking patient and calm. She could feel Odeya's gaze into her, already imagine the things that were going through her head.

"I did, sit down, Juliet" her tone was rather harsh, as if she had done something wrong.

Her heart began to beat at a rapid rate. Maybe Morgana has already discovered her plan and was going to confront her, then take away her memories and start over again. Everything was going in slow motion, expect her heart, oh, how hard it was really beating. Rhena sat down in the chair farthest from the two women, in case of escape. If they tried anything, she was going down fighting.

"It has come to my attention that you have been involved in something, and there hasn't been any proper acknowledgement" Morgana interlaced her hands together, setting them down on the desk as she looked over the girl.