14 | forget about the stupid boy

『 ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ 』

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

Ever since her disastrous date with the boy she couldn't stop thinking about, Hana was more withdrawn than usual, even with her closest friends. For the first time in her life, she was experiencing heartbreak, and the worst part was that Jungkook played her. She felt stupid for believing she could stand a chance after he had expressly told her he didn't have feelings for her on the day she confessed.

Sitting in her dorm room, she refused to leave the place. She had already missed three lessons that day, much to her friends' surprise. Because they were worried, they had decided to pay her a visit in the afternoon.

"I want to be alone," Hana announced when she opened the door, facing her three friends.

Before she could close the door, Sun sneaked her arm inside, blocking it. "Talk to us. What's going on?"

Aware that her friend's pressuring method wouldn't work, Jihyo quickly intervened. "We are worried... You've been ditching classes for three days. Did something happen?"

Jihyo spoke with a comforting tone. She had a calm and pleasant voice, which would usually lead people to talk to her. However, Hana was being awfully stubborn and refused to open up.

Y/n—who remained silent the whole time—wondered if something had happened with Jungkook. Yet she knew better than to question Hana regarding this matter in front of the girls.

"Listen, I really don't want to see anyone. It's nothing personal, but I need space," the young woman sighed, feeling guilty for being so hard on her friends. "I'll call when I feel better, okay?"

Jihyo nodded. "Promise?"

Hana nodded back, allowing herself to smile a little.

"Pinky promise?" Sun added.

"Don't push it," the sad girl rolled her eyes.

Sun smirked, folding her arms. "I like you better when you bark."

Y/n chuckled. "Whatever. Just take care, alright? We're only one call away if you need us!"

In the end, the three girls left. Hana felt a little better, more than she would admit. Her friends were truly supportive and caring; she was lucky to have them. On that positive note, she threw herself on the comfortable bed, eager to take a nap and forget about the stupid boy.

~ ♡ ~

Hoseok felt bad, eaten by remorse as memories of the boat ride date kept haunting him. It was true he never really liked Jungkook, mostly because of his lack of interest when it came to studies. Because Taehyung trusted him blindly, Hoseok feared he'd lose focus and laze around, just like the wannabe cartoonist. It had already happened once, and reasoning with Taehyung was a terrible ordeal. He didn't want this to repeat because he cared deeply for his best friend.