t w e n t y s e v e n

"I thought you would like to meet your father, but go on if you have no interest in him." A mocking grin appeared on his face, when he saw my movements stop.

"My father?" I turned my head in his direction, waiting for an answer.

"Parents should meet their children at least once, shouldn't they?" He chuckled in a nerve wrecking way.

"Is my biological father alive?" I stammered, walking back to my chair.

"He is." He laughed surprised. "Why would he be dead?"

"N-nobody told me he was alive, so I just thought he must be dead." I explained my way of thinking to him.

"Victor and the others visit him every two months or so." He watched me carefully, his eyes never letting go of me.

"This is a joke, right?" I blinked at him. "T-they would have told me."

My heart raised in my chest, I held my breath.

Unable to speak, I opened my mouth in shock.

"They didn't tell you, because their good old daddy told them not to." His words were simple, but hit me so hard.

"W-why?" I stuttered, my breathing was shallow and the thumbing in my head got louder and louder.

The eyes of the man darkened, he raised his chin the same way Victor always did.

That sudden change made me anxious, his posture stiffened and he crinkled his nose.

"I shouldn't tell you, this man is still my son in law, I promised him." A big grin formed on his lips. "Well, I promised him not to tell you he is alive as well, so it doesn't matter anymore anyway."

I tried to look into his eyes, but I was to exhausted. I closed my eyes and waited for him to respond.

"You're father is in jail, child." His voice was raspy. "I won't tell you why though, he would kill me."

"You told me so much, I guess you already are a dead man."

"Lilith, our paths will cross a lot in the future, we should at least talk with respect to each other." His bodyguard behind him watched me.

"I can't. I lost all my respect for you." I showed him my hands. "Look it is gone."

He chuckled at my childish way of showing him. "You are a lot like your father, I see. He hated me as much as you, but this is how I do things. My loved ones are save. If they hate me for it, I can live with that."

He stood up slowly from his chair. "I will go to the guest room, I need to rest."

He walked past me, his bodyguard helping him walk.

They both left the room.

When I heard them walk up the stairs, I heard a lot of thumbs against the floor.

In a minute my brothers stood in this room, not all of them.

Only Caleb, Jon and the twins.

"Are you okay?" Jon pulled the chair I was sitting on, in his direction.

He kneeled infront of me, taking my hands in his.

"Yes, yes, yes." I gave him a smile. "I am totally fine, yes."

"Are you sure?" He pulled one eyebrow up. "Lilith, you are repeating your words."

Elijah looked down at me, he brushed my hair out of my face. "You look pale."

"My curls are pretty, aren't they?"

I don't know where that came from, but tears started running down my face, they dripped on Jon's hands that were still holding mine.