79

"T-Tell you...about myself?..."

Yoongi nervously looks across the couch at the woman looking at him with an odd look of desperation and fear in her beautiful round orbs, any confidence he did have now null and void.

Think fast Yoongi.

"I Uh...well...y-yeah! I mean...you've worked for me so long..."

Not the best thing to say.

Did you have to bring up the fact she works for you?

Idiot.

Watching Y/N fall into a tender laughter his heart practically jumps out of his chest when she takes a sip of her wine and looks into his eyes, her thumb light grazing across his knee.

"What do you want to know?"

She-

Okay now I may be oblivious sometimes.

But...I think that was flirting.

"U-Um...I Uh...I don't...uh..."

Stumbling on his words Yoongi tries to hold his gaze on hers as his ears burn red with a deep blush, quickly taking a sip of the dry red liquid in his glass.

How do I do this?

"Um...where...where did you live? Before the fourth district?..."

"Ah, actually I used to live in the town over in the sixth district there..."

"Really? What brought you to this city?"

"Ah..my um...my ex...he lives in the second district...."

"Oh..."

Noticing the air shift to uncomfortable Yoongi looks up at Y/N's beautiful face creased with sadness as she lays her head on the back of the couch, her eyes never leaving his even for a moment.

"I was with him for 13 years."

"Wait...r-really?"

"Mhm....I met him when I was 15 and in high school...he actually proposed to me at his senior prom."

Wait what?!

P-proposed?!

"Oh...so you were...engaged..."

"For a really long time actually...him and I were supposed to be married about seven months before I met you.."

That's when Maki was being born...

"Really...so...was he your same age?"

"No he was a year older than me."

"So you moved out at seventeen?"

"Y-Yeah...I know...it seems really silly..."

"No not at all! I understand it actually...Like I said I ran away at a young age to pursue my dreams....it isn't unnatural to follow your heart."

Seeing a look of warmth spark in Y/N's eyes he watches her lips stretch into a genuine smile as she nods and takes a sip of her drink, her nose tinted with a light shade of pink.

She must be a bit of a lightweight...

"So...when you said you didn't have a chance to have hobbies...is it because of him?..."

"Mmm...partly...my um...my mother...she wasn't exactly a very caring woman..."

"Oh...really..."