Epilogue

Epilogue

I had spent most of my life having my choices made by someone or something else. Who to marry, how to live, what to do. Even fate seemed to decide for me. But Loki was the first choice that I made completely on my own. As I stood on the edge of peace for eternity, I realized that Loki was truly the only choice I wanted.

Being chosen had once felt like some mysterious force of fate and magic, something that we might not ever truly comprehend. But now, we both fully understood the power of chosen. It was choosing each other despite the circumstances. It was making the choice because there was only one right option.

That night, all those years ago when I was first chosen, I thought I had once again been robbed of the freedom I was so desperate to have. When Odin told me that Loki and I had been chosen for each other through ways I did not understand, I thought my life had been decided for me. When my life had been taken from me, I feared that that was the end for me, an orphan, slave, pawn of the gods. Then, as I stood in Valhalla, I learned what chosen meant. It meant that I chose the life and love I was meant for all along.

Loki learned this lesson too. He had been chosen from a war torn kingdom as a political pawn and nothing more. He had been chosen as the second son without a birthright. He had been chosen as the weapon for destruction. He had been chosen for a brutal repentance of an act that was not his own, and as he suffered, he chose the love and sacrifice that forged his destiny.

We chose each other in the same moment, through the same love.

At first, I couldn't believe it. We were chosen. But now, as I look into the mischievous sparkling eyes of Loki Laufeyson, I know it.

We are Chosen.

××××××