Chapter 27- A Bitch's Deaf Ears

"No."

"You didn't even think about it."

"I did, and my answer is no. I'm not moving in with you." I say and cross my arms willing myself to not be moved. I knew something bad was gonna happen with him, but I sure as hell didn't think it would be this.

"You need to begin preparations for your introduction into society. You'll need to be close so you can move about this smoothly and be able to get to know everyone." He says and sits down on the couch setting Baby down on the floor.

"I still have classes and a life to maintain, I don't need anything else on my plate right now." I say crossing my arms in defiance.

"It won't get in the way of your studies. You'll still attend your classes as per usual, you'll just have more company." He says and I scoff.

"You're obviously not hearing me." I say, moving my way over to him and planting myself in front of him on the coffee table. "I don't want to do this. I told you not too long ago that I wasn't prepared for what you're trying to do, I'm still not."

He looks at me with an impassive expression. My hands gripping the edge of the coffee table as I hold my ground.

"You've never had adult supervision, Sol."

I sigh, my head dropping as I listen to him.

"You've never had anyone behind you, to tell you to do more or push you to do better. That's now my role as your mate, and it's a role I take seriously. You're doing this, you can do this." He leans forward taking my chin in his hand, sparks shooting from his touch making me flinch back.

"I know me better than anyone else, I know my capabilities and it's not to be paraded around and dressed up like a doll. I don't do coming out parties unless it's rainbow theme." I say, I cross my arms over my chest as I stand up moving to the chair closest to him.

"It's not going to happen tomorrow. The ball will take place two weeks from now."

"That's basically tomorrow!" I shout my fist hitting the arm of the chair.

"Solus you'll have time to prepare and while you're living with me, it'll help our relationship, we will understand each other much better if we do this."

"What relationship Nik, we don't have any clue about each other. I know you from gossip magazines, rumors, and glorified past relationships on my timeline. And you know me from your sister, and I don't even know her all that well."

Elbows on his knees as his hands lock together, he stares me down.

"I probably know more than what you've told other people." He shrugs. "You have a deep problem with communication, you find it useless to explain anything to anyone under the pretenses that they simply won't understand. You get off on scaring others with a crass attitude and a sarcastic tone, and you tend to prefer to spend time with someone who you don't even like, simply because it'll be easier to leave them behind when you finally decide to branch out and try other things."

Did he just read me?

"Am I missing anything?" He leans forward raising an eyebrow at me. Slick little fuck!

"Trivial facts that I don't even bother to hide." I roll my eyes. "You could sit here and tell me who you think I am, and maybe push a button or two. But that won't help you."

"I'll take you back by force if I have to, Solus. I'm not above acting like a caveman if that means you'll listen." He says as he stands.

"I wasn't sure if his majesty would ever stoop so low." I mock.