Chapter 46 - Blood

You and the rest of the group made it to the water tower safely.

Javi: I miss when all we did was track the herd. From safe distance.

Kate: We need to get down there. We need one of those vehicles.

David: It's not like we can ask those walkers to move out the way?

Y/N: There's a generator. We can use that to distract them.

Javi: Maybe, but how are we gonna get there without getting bit?

Clementine: Cut a walker open and cover yourself with its guts. Then you can slip right through.

Everyone looks at her.

Clementine: What?

Javi: Oh, I thought Y/N was joking earlier. But you're kidding, right?

Clementine shakes her head.

Javi: Oh... good.

Clementine: So... who's gonna do it?

Y/N: You know, Javi. You've done some crazy stuff for us before. I know shooting Conrad wasn't easy. What's one more, right?

Clementine: Plus we can depend on you, right?

Javi: Of course.

He starts climbing.

Y/N: Just so you know, it smells really, REALLY bad. It'll be the worse thing you've ever smelled. 

He goes down and covers himself and makes his way towards the generator. Once it's on, you all make your way towards the garage.

Javi: Okay, now let's find something reinforced, like David said. Something to help us move around.

Kate: We're saving the city before anything. We've gotta find something to seal the breach.

David looks at a truck.

Javi: That's not gonna do the job.

David: Yes, it is.

Y/N: What're you talking about?

David: I'm leaving. We all are.

Javi: Where are we going? We're surround by the herd.

David: I'm getting my family out of here. You helped safe, Clem and Y/N. You both are coming, too.

Javi: If we split up, then we all die.

David: Then we don't split up, we stick with each other and protect each other. Like a family.

Kate: This all started the day we knocked on Richmond's door. We brought this upon these people. All of us!

David: We're going home, Kate! Back to the last place we were a family. We're starting over. We're all together again! A new day. A new life.

Javi: What about here? Make Richmond our new home.

David: Richmond is gone, Javi. Dead.

Gabe: I'll go with you, dad.

David: Okay. Now, everyone else hop in. That's an order.

Kate walks over and slaps him across the face.

Y/N: Damn!

Kate: How fucking dare you? What will it take, David? You do not get to fucking do that. We are not your soldiers. Run away, be a deserted, I am done with you. I can't believe I ever loved you. I can't believe I loved both of you.

Y/N: Uh-oh!

Clementine: Will you shut up?

Y/N: Sorry.

David: Javi! What the fuck is she talking about?

Javi: That was all her, man. I could've done stuff, but I didn't. End of story.

David: Do you think I'm a fucking idiot?

He clenches his fist.

David: I should've known, the night Pa died and you weren't there. Blood is worthless to you, just like he was to you, just like I am to you. Well, it's time for you to learn what blood really means!

He punches him.

Kate: David!

Gabe: Dad!

David: What do you have to say for yourself, brother?

Y/N: Listen, we really don't have the time for this shit. So, just stop!

Javi: I love you.

David looks taken back.

David: No... no! You don't get to say that.

He punches him before he falls to the ground.

Kate: Jesus Christ, stop!

David grabs a wrench.

Javi: I love you...

David: No! Stop saying that!

He hits him again and he falls to the ground.

Y/N: Goddammit! Stop!

He begins choking him with the wrench.

Javi: I love you, brother...

Clementine runs up and puts the barrel of the gun to his head. He slowly gets off of Javi and you all run back to the garage, but David and Gabe leave in the truck.

Kate: We can't wait any longer. We have to go help Richmond. I'm getting on that bulldozer.

Javi: What about Gabe?

Clementine: He wanted to go. I'll help Kate save Richmond. Y/N, are you gonna go after them?

Y/N: You know I won't leave your side, Clem. I'm helping you guys save Richmond.

She gives you a heart-warming smile.

Kate: Javi?

Javi: Let's go save Richmond. Gabe wanted to be with David, so he is, but we should look for them when we're done.

(Heh, sorry not sorry, Gabe.)

Kate: Okay. We'll do that.

Javi grabs a couple of AKs and hands one to you and Clem.

Javi: Let's go save Richmond.