Chapter 7

A hero finally arrived, but it wasn't Pegasus, Athena, or Minte.

It was another hero named Terre, clad in black and gold, his signature colours.

Though there was surprise amongst the crowd, most of them were admiration, rabid fangirls, and reporters that were delighted to get the latest scoop. For a hero that's been passive for months to suddenly show up, it certainly is a development.

"Finally, a hero showed up!" Krystali shouts, standing atop a crystalized fountain, the water spewing turned to violent gemstones. "Let's see how long it takes for Minte and Athena to follow!"

Terre glared at her from across the crowd, people making way for the brewing battle.

"Stop this, Krystali!" he yelled. "Just give up your akuma! We don't have to fight!"

"When pigs fly!"

She stomped on her creation, her heel cracking the crystals that she made. Instead of falling, however, the sharp shards of gemstone lifted in the air, deadly ends pointed straight at Terre.

With a delighted squeal, she sent them flying forward, where Terre showed no signs of resistance as they were inches from his body. People shrieked in terror, covering their eyes in fear of their hero.

They soon realized that the crystals did not harm any living soul at all. Instead, they shattered as soon as they touched Terre's skin, falling apart like glass falling to the ground, the orange lights of the gems setting the air around them ablaze.

Terre grunted and shielded his face from the flames, while keeping an eye on the villain, though it proved to be difficult. He could only catch a silhouette through the fires, which surrounded only him, stealing air from his breaths and lungs.

Ah jeez, he thought. This was not what he expected. Then again, who would expect fire to come from rocks? World's getting weirder every day.

Abruptly, a rope wrapped itself around his torso, and pulled him from the fire. He felt himself going airborne for seconds, then his feet touched solid ground, the air around him fresh and unburned.

"Thanks for holding out!" Minte grinned. The rope around his torso turned out to be a combination of green-coloured yarn, with small flowers blooming on it. The vines were fake, but the flowers were real.

"Um." Terre turned to his right, where Athena was fending off more crystals with his sniper. "Thanks, I guess."

They finally got here, it seems.

The crowd cheered louder, holding up impromptu banners for their beloved hero duo.

"We'll take it from here," Athena called, eyes pinned on the attacks directed on him. "Though, you mind giving us a boost? We have somewhere else to be at the moment and I'd rather make this as quick as possible."

Terre nodded. A golden, misty aura rose around him. He touched Minte and Athena's backs, the gold aura extending to him, though it turned a bright sheen of emerald when it reached Minte. The same happened to Athena, though it was white.

"Thanks!" Minte gave him a thumbs up. "That should be more than enough! You're a great help!"

Terre nodded.

Within seconds, the fight was over. There wasn't much of a fight, anyway. Minte summoned hundreds of strings that tied the villain to a pole, and Athena pinpointed where the akuma was hiding: her heels. He destroyed her shoes with a precise bullet, and it fell apart like overheated clay.

The black hummingbird melted from the broken pieces of plastic, and attempted to flee. However, one of Minte's strings creeped up, and a white flower bloomed, opening its bright petals that closed when it swallowed the akuma whole.

The flower bud shrunk, and reopened, releasing the purified akuma. The white spirit of the hummingbird faded into the wind, almost like a soul released from its torment.

After healing the akuma, a shockwave was released, reversing all the damage that was done to the area. Water continued to spew from the fountain. The girl's heels were returned to its pristine state. Even the burn marks on the ground disappeared.

"Nice work." Minte patted Terre's back, though he was shorter than him. "Couldn't have done it without you!"

Athena scoffed, sliding his sniper on his back, Captain America style. "We could've," he groused, visible dread settling in as the paparazzi began closing in. He turned to his partner. "Let's get out of here."

"Really? So quickly?" Minte pouted. "I just want to answer a few questions! Is that okay?"

Terre left before the reporters surrounded them.

Somewhere, amongst the crowd, was a kwami in a bag, shivering as it sensed the three other kwamis' presences nearby.