Chapter 116

Lady K

The Ozor mansion was packed with representatives from every media house in the country. Security was tightened and all the workers seemed to have their hands full.

It was a day left to the big wedding and also, the day for the press meet. It was the day Benjamin had to address all the rumors going on about his family and put the concerns of the public to rest in the live broadcast that was about to happen in his house. It took a lot of home space and time for all the stations to have their equipments set up, good thing that the Ozor's had their own event room in the mansion. A really large room, properly designed to hold over a hundred people especially for events and days like that one. Emmanuel kept going place to place, making sure that everything was perfect. If Benjamin was about to go live for the entire country to see, there had to be no room for any mistakes at all.

The goal was to show the world how much his family was still thriving and happy even with all the rumors going about. To show the world how happy and content they were. How the recent events had not affected them in any way, more like a documentary. Benjamin was going to do a lot of things on live Tv like cooking with Kodi to show his relationship and portray the image of a father that took out time to play and be there for his kids, he also had a lot of things he had to do like fake cry about divorcing Susan and address everything else concerning Christian's 'retirement' and Jeremiah's wedding with Oma.

Camera lights were flickering, tapes were rolling, you could hear the loud keyboard clicks as the members of the press took notes of what he said and how he answered the questions thrown at him.

Benjamin was brightly and smartly dressed as usual in his complete traditional attire. He had preferred to rock those instead of suits for that day and it was gaining a lot of public amazement. His outfit was properly detailed and sewn with the best agu materials ever. The golden lion head on his walking stick glittered brightly and displayed his elegance. His small glasses sat calmly on his nose and he had the brightest smile on his face. He was the perfect description of a national treasure, kind and humble citizen, smart businessman and an amazing father, that was what he wanted to show the public. The other side of the almighty Benjamin Ozor when the tapes were rolling. If only they knew.

The hall was as calm as ever as everyone took all the pictures they needed, giving him time to address them. Everything was in order, just as he had planned it out to be. He tapped his microphone, clearing his throat and looking down on everyone from the podium.

"I'd like to thank you all for taking your time out of your busy schedules to be here today to celebrate me and my family."

The flickering when on.

"My apologies if I sound too tired and lazy, I've been trying to take care of my home, playing golf with my sons and singing karaoke with my daughter that I almost forgot I'm an old man now with only so much energy to give." He chucked, they chuckled too. "I'm worn out."

Now Benjamin was serving jokes. You hate to see it.

"Mr Ozor," someone started from the crowd. Benjamin turned to the really small woman sitting in front of a computer and staring at him. A representative from NBC news. The logo on her laptop and desk gave her identity away. "There were rumors last year of you contesting for a seat in the senatorial elections coming up soon, do you have any plans of quitting being CEO of Benoil to focus on your political aspirations? And if you don't, how do you intend to blend being a politician with being CEO of your company? Do you also aspire to run for other political posts in the future?"

"Well," Benjamin cleared his throat again. "Honestly, I thought I was a politician all this while. I'm really shocked and hurt to know that being CEO of Benoil doesn't place me into that category."
They laughed. "I have plans of running for senate in the upcoming senatorial elections and hopefully, I have a huge chance at winning. I am a politician after all, always has and always would be, who knows, as time goes on, I could even run for president. The name Mr president would suit me very well now that I think about it." They laughed again. "As for the question of if I can be senator and still run my company, I've not really thought about it yet, I might just leave it for my sons to decide."