Chapter 72

The Alpha's neck tightened. Her face paled. "That was Krey Graymer, wasn't it?" The wolves either side of her nodded.

The fear in her eyes was rather satisfying for Pip. He had learnt that Krey's threats were never empty ones. His warnings were not to be taken lightly. If Krey said he was coming, then he was coming with red eyes and sharp claws, and if anyone got in his way, they would meet an unfortunate end.

"Get every Omega around the perimeters right now." She then pointed to Pip and Sid. "Drop these two off somewhere in the woods. Krey Graymer is not getting in this Packhouse. Do you hear me? He'll fucking kill me."

Pip was un-cuffed from the radiator. The werewolves tried to make Sid stand too, but he was wobbly and a little out of his mind to understand what was going on. "We should just leave this one here," the man grunted, trying to lift Sid again.

"No!" Pip squeaked, feeling very small when the men glared at him. "K-Krey will come for Sid too."

The men looked to their Alpha. "Take him too," she demanded.

Pip went with them without fighting. He was lead through a plain corridor with no windows, and lights spaced out enough to leave black shadows every ten metres. They soon arrived by two large and rusted metal doors. On the other side of those were concrete steps leading up to the courtyard outside.

Pip was thankful to see the sun again. He still had so many questions. Had the werewolves followed them from one beach town to the next? Had the werewolves drugged the tea or was that the librarians?

Pip didn't say a single word as he was led around the building. To his surprise, a car was parked outside the main entrance with a bored looking woman leaning against the driver's side, smoking a cigarette, and staring blankly ahead.

"Take these two far from here, and far from Crescent Packhouse."

"What!" Pip then struggled against the man. "No! Just t-take me to Crescent Packhouse! I'll tell Krey you were nice to me and you can be allies! Please!"

The werewolf sighed, stared from the driver to Sid who was flung into the back of the car, then to Pip who pleaded with his eyes.

Pip was staring up at him one minute, then had a face full of snow the next. The man had whacked him hard in the side of the face. At least the snow masked the sting.

"Please," Pip sobbed when they hauled him into the back of the car with Sid. "Please, just-" the door was slammed in Pip's face, and the car sped off immediately.

Pip looked to the driver, and she looked at him through the mirror. "Don't whine at me," she said. "I'm only doing what I'm ordered."

Pip was sick of being tossed around like some pointless human who nobody cared about. The way the Alpha's face changed when she knew Pip was Krey Graymer's mate meant that Pip could somehow use that to his advantage. They weren't scared of him but scared of what would happen to them if he was hurt.

"Take me to crescent Packhouse!" he begged.

"I was ordered to take you far from there."

Pip crawled across Sid and stuck his head between the front seat and passenger seat. "Take me to Crescent Packhouse."

"No."

The driver turned sharply left down a country road and Pip almost fell headfirst into the front seats. "Please!"

"I said no, kid. Shut up and sit down."

Pip was sick of getting walked all over, and sick of letting people do it. "No," he said stubbornly and clambered over the seats. He was still handcuffed and fell heavily against the dashboard. "Take me to Crescent Packhouse or you will regret it!" Pip tried to sound threatening. He just sounded like a scared little human.