1.16

Both of them ( the duke and Amaris ) were staring at each other. Both of them were calm. After few moments Damien spoke,

" What happened to Amaris? "

Amaris was shocked but did not show it on her face,

" I wonder what you are talking about?"

" You don't have to pretend. I can tell that you are not her. You can fool anyone else but not me."

" I am not fooling anyone Duke. I am Amaris. "

" You ARE in the body of Amaris but YOU are not her."

" Can you prove it?"

" Unfortunately I cannot."

" Why do you think that I am not her?"

" Everything about you is different. The way you carry yourself is like you are playing a character it is not natural like it should have been from the person who live in royalty for long. "

" That is something that not even other royalty found out how did you?"

" I have seen you and observed you longer than they have."

" Why pretend to be a fisherman.?"

" So you have her memories."

" Yes I do."

" You do acknowledge that you are not her."

" In this life I am Amaris. And I will stay Amaris till it ends."

" Did she say anything about me?"

" ....."

" I mean from her memories did she ever loved me."

" I don't know."

"..is that so."

" Why are you so obsessed with her?"

" Because I love her."

Amaris sneered,

" If you loved her than why leave her?"

" To protect her. "

" That is just being a hypocrite. You knew about the human kingdoms plan and you helped them in a lot of ways. You are aware of princess using charm magic as well."

" I know that because I have been under that as well."

" How do I believe that you are not under her spell anymore?"

" Because I learned how to break it."

" How?"

" I can't tell."

" Than I don't believe you."

" Can she return?"

" I am not obligated to answer that question."

" Do you believe in reincarnation?"

" I ...... Wait what?"

Amaris looked at him wide eyed.

" I came back on the time I first saw her. In the last life we were together till she attended the academy.

After that I was under princess Adeena's charm and helped in eradicating all her species."

Amaris motioned him to continue,

" I had nightmares after that. I saw her face covered in blood and tears streaming down her eyes as she yelled again and again. Why!? Did you do that to me. The only time I got peace was whenever I was with Adeena."

He said bitterly.

" 5 years after all mystical beings were erased from this world. Everything started to change. The sights that were lovely started to crumble as there was no one to take care of this place.

Than the spirit king came. He punished Adeena's fairy and pixie. And said that to help he would need a sacrifice. They did not hesitate in giving me up saying that I was the first person to kill mystical being."

" And after that?"

" Spirit king said that he will send me back in time and this time me and my family won't be affected by her charm so I must stop this tragedy from happening. I got all my memories about 'her' back. But that time she did not see me the same way as before, but she played along with me. I could tell that she came back in time as well. I thought I could make up for it,

But guess I was wrong."

[Mission complete,

Find how Amaris's lover died.✓]

" Does the spirit king remember that time?"

" He would after I show him the proof."

" That's good."

Amaris stood up and was about to leave, before she turned back and looked at the young man staring outside with an unreadable look,

" Amaris said that she forgave you and hopes that you would stay in good health."

Damien turned to look at her with shock,

" You said you don't know."

" I forgot."

" Can she come back?"

" She said even if in this life we cannot be together. She hopes that you would meet her in happy circumstances in the next life. "

At that time as if something broke tears started to flow out from his eyes. It was hard to control them.

And Amaris left him be. Knowing that he would need some time alone. As she too is aware of how it feels not to see the lover again.

She got lucky somehow.

' I hope both you and Amaris have a happy life next time. I am sorry I cannot help you in this one.'

~~End of Chapter~~

I did not cry writing this chapter. Sorry for that.

And hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Also give me ideas for the next arc. My sis said she wants to write the next one.
About apocalypse. She is obsessed with it.

This arc still has chapters don't be too happy yet.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Also check my sister's story that is on the same account. It only has 2 chapters. And I hope she does not turn that into apocalypse story.