Chapter 13: Tricking The Trickster

Katya, again, couldn't do anything right now. 

Facial scans ran for Barton, and Stark and Banner were busy trying to find the cube. Steve had also disappeared, probably checking on the two man in the lab, hoping that would somehow make the progress go faster. 

Thor was in conversation with Coulson, who he had apparently met a couple years before, and it seemed kind of personal. 

Where Natasha went, she didn't know either. She had left after Banner and Tony left too, not saying anything. Katya knew she had a hard time right now, with her best friend missing. She probably needed a little time. Not too much though. You never had to give Natasha too much time, because then she started imagining things and blaming herself for everything. 

She would probably have to find her soon. 

But Katya stomach rumbled again, the empty feeling of not eating after a mission was something she hated. So after being the only one left at the table, Katya made her way to the big kitchen on the ship. During nighttime, like it was now, the place was always empty. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were prepared throughout the day, so you couldn't be in here then, but the night didn't present meals.

Katya snuck in here before. People knew she came here for the snacks in the fridge. Leftovers from cake or even donuts could always be found somewhere. This night, she was lucky. When Fury was on board, food suddenly got a lot better; the chefs making a little extra for the big boss. Large sprinkled donuts lay on the lowest shelf of the large refrigerator.

Hopping on the counter, Katya crossed her legs and devoured the snack, her mind drifting to the events of today.

Meeting two gods, a super soldier from seventy years ago and a guy who turned into a big monster when angry. Not her typical team, but she had to admit, they looked good. Surely they could beat some of their enemies.

Loki scared the shit out of her. Not because he was scary, but because she didn't know what he was planning. She didn't like not knowing what people were thinking. Sitting here without a good plan, just waiting for something to do made her uneasy and anxious. 

Sleep threatened to take her over while chewing on the food, but her tricks to keep it at bay worked for now. The load of sugar from the donut helped with that, but she would also need some coffee. More than she'd already drunk.

While sitting in the dark kitchen, the only light coming from the hallway through the open door, a presence suddenly got her attention. She didn't look up from her donut, but a little smile found its way on her lips. ''You gonna come in or just stare at me from there?''

Natasha smirked a little, walking in. ''I knew I would find you here.''

Katya scrunched her nose while stuffing the last of the donut in her mouth. ''I'm becoming too predictable. That's not good.'' Wiping her hands on her pants, her eyes followed Natasha intently as she came closer. The dark of the room didn't do anything to the brightness of her hair, like it shone on its own.

Natasha came closer, stopping just before the blonde's knees, something she wasn't happy with. Wrapping her legs around her waist, Katya dragged her closer to her body. Natasha rolled her eyes but still put her hands on the other woman's hips, a movement that had become quite natural.

Elegant hands reached up and played with the little red hairs on the back of Natasha's neck absentmindedly.

Normally, they would never do this in the workplace, but since they were alone in this kitchen, it brought both their guards down. Just the two of them finally together after a month apart. Time to catch up wasn't available today, that would have to happen after this mission.