CHAPTER SEVEN

Aura tried to comb Vin's hair as he squirmed, a bright smile on his face.

"Stay still Vin" she soothed, trying to tie his hair.

He groaned but stayed still nonetheless, allowing Aura to tie his hair in a bun at the back of his head.

He sent her a grin and ran off, probably to bother Axl who wanted to get some work done before they left.

Aura sighed and tied her hair into a bun on top of her head and slipped on her clean white sneakers

She knew it would have been better if she didn't change clothes besides what she had on was perfectly fine.

She jogged downstairs to find her son and ex husband laughing about something.

Her breath was literally knocked away.

Axl was in a sea blue shirt that had a few of it's buttons open putting his abs and chest hair on display, black shorts that got to his thigh and white sneakers.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Aura cleared her throat.

Vin hummed and rushed to her and made grabby hands at her.

She picked him up and balanced him on her hips.

"Are you ready?" Axl asked as he slipped his phone into his pocket.

She nodded.

"I left the snacks in the kitchen" she kissed Vin's cheeks "it's in a lunchbox please get it for me?"

He nodded and dashed to the kitchen, only to return a few seconds later with a navy blue lunch box draped on his shoulder.

He grabbed a random car key from the table and led them out.

A cool breeze hit Aura and she relaxed, Vin making sounds and passing grins to his dad on her hip.

He was very very excited.

Axl led them to a matte white Volkswagen Atlas.

Aura gasped as she noticed a spiderman themed forward facing harness booster seat .

"It's just like the one I have" Vin squealed and Aura nodded, strapping him in the seat.

Aura climbed into the front passenger seat while Axl slid into the driver's seat.

Aura strapped herself into the seat and Axl started the drive as soon as he heard a click from her seatbelt.

"The trip is going to take a while so why don't you nap a little buddy?" Axl said softly as Vin looked around tiredly.

He nodded and closed his eyes, allowing his lips to part a little.

Aura opened her mouth to say something but decided against it and watched as Axl drove carefully on the road, leaning her forehead against the window, a frown on her face.

Everything was so chaotic and complicated but all she wanted was peace.

Peace for her baby boy who didn't need to suffer for her sins.

Suffer for her mistakes.

Suffer because of her past.

Then all her anger was directed to Rodrigo.

Her boyfriend.

If only.

***

"Vin" Axl cooed as he ruffled his son's curly hair.

Vin mumbled incoherent words and stretched his arms.

He smiled at his father and mumbled something.