» 8 «

| Suna |

Breath.

You're going to be okay.

Breath and remember that you have been in this place before. You anxiously rub your sweaty palms as you stand beside Emi in the middle of an open room inside the shrine. The architecture reminds you of the place that you have woken up in, but this room is much more colossal.

You glance around the room and see many familiar faces, like the man who has saved your life earlier. He observes your stares but chooses to ignore them. Suna doesn't plan on getting to know you better. It would be against his nature.

"I guess most of you have heard what happened this afternoon in the village." Kita starts to speak. "A gang of outsiders, humans, chose to attack a few of my group members. After being threatened by them, the humans decided to attack with a grande." His voice is collected and calm and doesn't match his words.

"There have been a lot more attacks by outsiders lately." You try to peek above the twin's shoulders at look into the face of Karasunas leader, Daichi. His lean figure is shield by dark yukata, and an orange ribbon holds it together.

"We should do something about it." Members of his gang start to cheer loudly. It is terrifying how theses men get excited about a possible chance of a fight. Their leader glances at them angrily, and immediately the room falls into silence again while Kita whispers into someone's ear.

"I agree with Daichi-san." Kuroo addresses the crowd. "Nekoma has been getting a lot more offers from an outsider than usual. It seems like they are looking for something."

You glimpse towards Emi who catches your confused eyes. With a quick movement, she whispers into your ear. "Dogo has been attacked almost every week for the past month. Always humans, always the same weapons."

"Do you know what they are looking?" Kita asks Kuroo who holds a cunning smirk on his lips. His dark eyes roll towards his friend, Kenma, who isn't pleased by the sudden attention.

"We know that they only came to Dogo and not the other villages in the Island." He quickly speaks before vanishing into thin air. Your eyes widen in surprise as the small man escapes the attention. You know that everyone in this room has some kind of ability or talent but seeing it up close is still new to you.

"What about the mountains?" Kita glimpse toward Suna who opens his eyes annoyed. He hasn't planed on sharing with the residents of the village, but he can't deny Kita his service. As his dry lips part, he feels your eyes on his skin. He pauses for a second, feeling the strange sensation your (e/c) eyes leave on his body. It made him shiver. 

"No one has been in the mountains." He hushes quickly and tears his eyes away from yours. He doesn't like the way your eyes made him feel. This strange, benediction feeling is the reason he is in this mess after all.

"What about you, Emi? Do you know anything about the situation?" You feel how every man in this room shifts their eyes on the blond next you. You are amazed by her since she doesn't flinch or show any other kind of nervousness. You carefully glance around the room and catch how the dark-haired man with light green eyes quickly shifts his view form your body. A light blush grazes your cheeks as you try to ignore him.

"I'll try to contact a few of my friends but so far no luck."

"Alright. I suggest we do the usual." A nod from the different captains follows and the group's start to mix up. The sound of loud chatting and laughing fills your ears. You don't obtain that Emi pulls you up and towards the exit. You almost step out of the room as someone suddenly pushes you. You trip over your own feet, and as if your clumsiness isn't embarrassing enough, your falling body is resting against a hard chest.

Blood rushes towards your cheeks as you slowly peek up. Your heart nearly jumps out of your chest when you lock eyes with the dark-haired man. Time passes, and you have yet to move away from the man, but something is holding you back and keeping you close to him. You stare into his light green eyes but before you could feel yourself being pushed away from him.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry." You babble towards while you feel his firm grip on your elbows. It burns in your soul to know that he is the one who pushes you away.

"..." He doesn't say anything and keeps starring into you (e/c) eyes. It drives him crazy regarding how your eyes are like a portal to another world. The unnatural glamour in them reminds him of the sun hitting the surface of the lake water, and the deep dark spectrums surrounding your pupil made your eyes appear more mysterious. He wants to fall into the depth of eyes and never float to the surface again.

"Suna! I see you have met (y/n)." The loud and buoyant voice of Emi echoes through your head, and you feel a sudden coldness on your skin when the man, Suna, lets go of you. His face expression changes back to his former annoyed expression and he faces away from you.

"Her kind isn't supposed to live here." He spits coldly. Knives stab you back as his gaze goes over your body. Your muscles freeze and you can't do anything else than stand like a frightened lamb in front of him. His light green eyes show a glimpse of fierce yellow in them and you have never felt this terrified in your entire life. Without another word, he turns around and storms out of the shrine.

"Jeez..." Emi sighs next to you and ignores the paleness on your face. She is worried since she knows that this isn't the last time the two of you are going to crash against each other.