Chapter 21:

Morgan

I woke up with a terrible headache. I forced myself out of bed to get some water and a Tylenol.

I looked around for my ringing phone. I finally found it and answered.

"Hello?" I answered.

"What the hell? I've been calling you all day got me worried about your ass." Nee shouted into the phone. I groaned pulling the phone away from my ear. I had a pounding headache.

"I'm fine." I lied.

I couldn't tell her bout me passing out from drinking knowing she would be so disappointed in me, knowing all the shit her mom put her through being a alcoholic when she was younger.

"Well I'm literally two minutes away because you weren't answering your phone." I nodded.

"Okay. I'ma be in the shower."

"Kay, I got us some McDonald's breakfast too."

"Kay."

When I got out the shower I felt somewhat refreshed. I walked into the kitchen seeing Nee already eating. I sat down grabbing my food.

"Thanks."

"Mhmm, you sure you are okay?" She asks eyeing me.

I shrugged. "Yeah.

"Did you drink that whole bottle?" She asked pointing to where I left it on the counter.

I shook my head. "It wasn't a full body in there."

She nodded slowly.

I sighed as my phone rung giving me a distraction from Nee looking suspicious.

"Hello?" I answered seeing it was Kahron.

"So you're giving up on being a makeup artist already?"

"What?"

"You ain't show up to school in week, why's that?"

"I'm not giving up-, wait, how do you know that?"

"I called."

"For what? I'm grown. I don't need somebody lookin over my every last move. I'm not giving up on what I wanna do. If this is about you thinking I'ma waist ya money-"

"Fuck the money! That's not what the fuck this is about. You got people fuckin rooting for you, people who wanna see you succeed but you stay giving the fuck up. You grown? Then fuckin act like it. Show that you're on ya shit. Get that fuckin license then smack that shit in my face." He snapped before the phone beeped signaling he hung up.

I sighed placing my hand over my face.

"Stop eating all my damn food Morgan!" Eric said snatching his hot wings and fries away from me.

"No, how the hell you gonna come over my house and not bring me any food?" I said grabbing the food back eating it while he had his back turned as he went into the fridge to get a water.

He turned around smacking my ass hard making me jump.

"Ow! Asshole you made me drop my fuckin wing!" I snap.

"Correction, my fuckin wing." He said taking the food and sitting down. I sucked my teeth as I cleaned up the mess.

"I'm glad you ain't been ignoring a nigga from trying to be your friend." He said sarcastically.

"Ha ha ha, whatever. You know you're my friend nigga."

"What's all this?" He asked pointing to the photos I had laid across the table.