Chapter Fifty-seven

Savannah

I wake up ready for the day, remembering meeting Jack. I finished I showered. I face time the girls so they could talk to me about today and how to prepare myself for any situation.

"Remember if you need rescuing just signal us to rescue you." Kylie says. "What do you mean rescue me?" I ask. "You know in case if you get a weird feeling or it gets awkward between you two." Lia says.

"Why would it get awkward or weird?" I ask. "Well let's just say a little bird told Jack that you and Mark were hanging out." Kylie says looking anywhere, but her phone. "Kylie! Did you show Jack the pictures of Mark and I?" I ask.

"NO!..... Nate did." She says. "Kylie did you not tell Nate whatever happens to me is none of his business?!" I ask a little upset.

"TEAAAA." Lia says laughing at us.

"I did but he never listens to me." She says. I roll my eyes. Great Jacks probably gonna bring it up.

"Okay what should I wear?" I ask showing them outfits I laid out. "Ooh! Def wear that cute one!" Kylie says. "No! Wear the pants one. You don't know what Jack is gonna say."

"No wear the cute one! So you show Jack what he's missing up on and needs to regret saying that y'all shouldn't be together." Kylie says. "Ohhh... good point!" Lia says.

I wear my cute one.

A few minutes of talking I finally decide to let them go and go talk to Jack

A few minutes of talking I finally decide to let them go and go talk to Jack. This was going to be a long day.

-

I drive to the place and sit down in the corner waiting for Jack. I take some deep breathes nervous about this. I hear the door bell ring making me look up and see Jack.

He smiles looking at me after taking a look around. He walks to me sitting in front. "Do you want to grab something?" He asks. "Yeah... I'll grab the usual." I say getting up and walking with him.

After we grab our yogurt we sit back down. "You look gorgeous." He says. I smile. "Thank you."

"So what'd you want to talk about?" I ask.
"Savannah... I know this month has been a little rocky, but I didn't actually want to break up with you. When you walked away I thought it was because you wanted to break up, but then I saw your gift." He says.

"Gift?" I ask confused. "Yeah this one." He says pulling out the mini board I made of us with a few little love notes.

"I told Derek to throw it away." I say. "Yeah... He didn't. He came to my place and gave it to me. This is how I knew you didn't want to break up with me, the part where you couldn't walk away, or when I kissed you yesterday you loved it." He tells me.

"You know... I thought it would be the other way around." I say. "Huh?"
"I thought it would be the other way around... that I'd be the one chasing you after the break up. I thought you would be the college guy who just wanted me for sex, but no... you're here. Fighting to talk to me." I say.

"That's because I didn't grow up to have rich parents being closed off to their kids, but yet I was. I slept with other girls, but none of them cared like you Savannah. The reason why I'm weird is with football and you is because... My dad pushes me already that I don't need another him pushing me with football or the disappointment of losing." He says.

"I never really enjoyed football, but did it because my father stuck around to watch me. It's the only way I know how to bond with him, beside taking care of him when he's drunk." He adds.

"Jack-"
"No... I Just wanted you to be there for me, not for football or college. Just for me. I felt like you were my getaway. My safe spot. Then with Mark I felt like I lost you. That I'd have to be stuck in that life forever. Yes I was still upset about Mark kissing you, and maybe a little that you went back to him the moment I was gone. Not that I'm saying anything bad on you, but that I felt a piece of me gone." He says.

He catches his breathe before looking at me.
"You could never Lose me Jack. I'm always here for you, not anybody else. If you don't want something than I'm there with you. Maybe if we talked to your dad, things could get better or your parents spent some time to be with you. Then they'd understand maybe." I say pausing.

"With Mark... he's just a friend, unlike you Jack. You're something and someone I've wanted. I didn't realize that Mark was something bigger to you. I also got upset with the party and Madison. It just kinda freaked me since you guys have a bigger history and I was scared that you'd try and make me jealous." I say.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't around through the last part of your high school. I wanted to be there, but I always told myself you didn't want to see me." He says.
"You weren't wrong...but I wanted you to be there anyway just like I wanted to be with you at parties. I felt like we were so far apart by those times." I say.

"I think we just need to talk to each other more." He says. "Well I've been telling you everything." I say.
"You didn't tell me about your dance." He says. "You didn't tell me about Madison." I say.

He gave me squinting eye look.
"I think I won." I say grinning laughing a bit.

"Okay.... So I was thinking since the New school Year is coming I was hoping we leave everything behind in the past and start new. I want us to enter this year strong." He says. I smile at him after awhile.

"I....I'd- really love that, but before that I think we should talk more before we shake on it." I say remembering about college.
"Yeah yeah... of course. What'd you want to talk about?" He asks looking at me.

"Umm..." I pause thinking if I should tell him about Arizona, "You remember when we had that whole Mark thing... I think, I stood up for Mark a little was because he made me feel different than you, but I felt like it was caused by us not being as close as I was with Mark." I say.

"I understand that now... It's just well I've never cared about someone so much that wasn't my family.  I want you to know Savannah that... I will try  being the best boyfriend you want/need or could imagine. As long as I still have 13/15 year old Savannah in there." He says joking at the end.

I laugh, but smiling nodding my head. He sits coming closer to me. Hugging me making me cuddle into him. We sit there for awhile before I look at him causing him to look at me.

"You're still Just as beautiful as I remember you... damn.. maybe you're gorgeous." He says making me laugh. "You're Just as dumb, but I love that about you." I joke laughing. He smiles even bigger.

Swiftly, smoothly, and strong he reaches down to connect our lips. We kiss for awhile.

"Maybe we should head out." He says pausing making me nod my head. I don't think we've ever kissed this deeply.

Summer is definitely gonna be crazy

The end

•••

This is the end of the book, but don't be sad.... They're not getting away without a happy ending. Or do they?