Made Of Honour

Seeing her name in the Caller ID literally made his heart beat quicken.

"Hello" Hanbin answered the phone, trying to sound as composed as possible.

"Hanbin...." there was a pause before she continued , "Look you know it's Jun-oppa's wedding the day after......."

"So?" Hanbin asked as if that was the most stupid thing he'd ever heard.

"I need a huge favor from you....." Yura blurted out.

Hanbin had a hard time controlling his laughter.

"Okay...." Hanbin retorted casually.

"Well......I..... You gotta come here for Jun-oppa's wedding and pretend that everything's okay...." Yura replied after a slight pause.

Hanbin hesitated before replying, "I'm going to attend Jun- hyung's wedding..........but I can't pretend that everything's normal.....because it isn't Yura" the last part merely a whisper.

"Like hell I said everything is normal Hanbin! But only you and I know that...... so please....." Yura's pleading voice surprised Hanbin.

Even though they weren't together anymore and just had to 'legally' accept the fact, Hanbin found it impossible to refuse her.

"Okay.....fine. I'll be there tonight after sorting stuff here........you all will already be in bed by the time I land at the airport, please do wish Dad and Seo Jun Hyung goodnight." Hanbin replied in a faked disinterested tone.

He heard Yura laugh and her reply made him smile "Sure Hanbin.....Good Night to you too.." because Yura knew that he was actually wishing her.

What surprised him was that neither of them had disconnected the phone.

"Ummmm.....Hanbin?" Yura began "Yeah?" Hanbin replied, sitting on the couch of his office.

"Goodnight.........and I'll come to pick you up at the airport later." but before she could keep the phone down, Hanbin bluntly asked, "Yura....Wae?"

"Pardon?" she asked back puzzled.

"I mean.....why are you asking me to act all 'normal'?" he questioned, but the original question he wanted to ask was, "Why can't we get back to normal?"

Yura sighed and replied, "Because....."

"Because?"

"Well because.......Simply because my brother's getting married to my best friend and I'm the maid of honour." she replied, irritated.

"Oh...Okay....Anyways sleep well...And umm....you don't need to come to pick me up later."

"No.....it's okay...Anyways we'll see to it later." she said and both of them disconnected the call at the same time.

"I know that wasn't what you'd originally intended to ask Hanbin.........So much for losing your pride...you've changed a lot..." Yura thought before drifting off to sleep.

"So much for losing your pride huh?You KNEW that what I asked wasn't what I'd originally intended to....and yet you decided to go with the flow..........What happened to the girl I fell in love with Yura? Because I know that if you were still the same, you'd at least have the humility to accept your fault ....you'd have been a real MAID OF HONOUR rather than MADE OF HONOUR..." Hanbin wandered aloud before signing the documents for his company's new project..