Seventeen

This morning when Mateo came in he couldn't stay because he was swarmed with work. The whole castle was extremely busy which I expected since there was an event happening today. 

I heard a knock on my door as I was finishing up my meal and Rob strolled in. 

"Hey kiddo, I just came in here to tell you that I won't be able to take you outside today, however, King asked me to bring you this." He said, presenting a little flower in a pot. 

I smiled at him, knowing I was going out anyways. 

"Thanks, and tell King thank you too." 

"sooo" He started, leaning against the door, "It looks like you and the prince are getting along, aren't you?" 

I shrugged with a little smile which made hims mile widely at me. 

"I'm so glad! You two deserve to be happy, I hated seeing you locked up in here all sad and King has been moody ever since we got back, its so annoying!" 

I giggled a little as he complained like a girl in middle school, rolling his eyes, hands on his hips but that only made him glare at me more. 

"Whatever, laugh at me all you want, you're the one who's staying here with him until one of you dies." He said the walked right out the door. 

Well, someone's in a mood. 

I knew that no one would be in for the rest of the day other than the person who's supposed to serve me dinner so I got ready for the day and prepared to head out. Just in case I made a fake mannequin of myself and stuck it under the covers to look like I was sleeping, I even had some wind placed inside of it, programmed to move to look like breathing. 

It was pretty creepy but I was proud nonetheless. I listened out the window for a while until I heard people approaching. By looking at the time I could tell it was an event that would start early afternoon and end early morning, probably a welcoming of some sort, those parties were always the longest because it took a while for everyone to arrive from whatever lands they were coming from and settle in. 

I whistled a little tune out the window and a little dove flew to me. I smiled down at it as it landed in my hands .

"Hey little dove, you are adorable. Can you deliver a message for me?" I asked it gently and it nodded its head. Being a fae of the earth I had a good connection with wild animals, only the best of those fae could complete a trick like this but it was worth a shot. 

It looked at me and nodded its little head a little. 

"Amazing" I smiled, "I need you to go to the bright white dragon and tell her to come pick me up by my window." 

She nodded again before flying off to find the dragon. 

I squealed a little to myself for getting this far and prayed that the rest of the plan would work. 

Animals couldn't talk to each other but I placed a little of my magic into the dove so it would be able to get the message across, I enabled them to understand each other so if it works the bird will tweet a little at the dragon and the dragon should understand. 

I closed my eyes, enjoying the sun and waited. After a few minutes I heard the familiar beating of wings coming my way. I opened my eyes to reveal the gorgeous dragon flying to pick me up. 

I flew myself out the window on my wind and right onto her back where I got seated comfortably, giving her a thank you pat before getting to business. 

"Okay girl, I need you to fly me up into the sky over the castle. I want to check out who's coming in and what they're wearing so I can prepare for tonight, but try not to let too many people see you or King will get mad again."