--A Graveyard Reunion--

THIS IS NOT A PART OF THE MAIN STORY!!!! This is a request I received, and I wrote it out accordingly. If any of you want to see a certain scene play out with this general plot line, please comment it or message me about it! (NO INCEST! This is not a Tomarry) You can ignore this, as it has nothing to do with the actual story. [Another chapter shall be posted some time tonight! :)]

-October 31 1980-
Godric Hollow

Voldemort stared down at the child, his eyes wide with wonder. It was a small thing, shaggy black hair and tiny body wrapped in a red onesie displaying the words 'Daddy's Boy' in gold lettering. The child looked up at Voldemort with the greenest eyes he'd ever seen. They truly were the color of the bright killing curse that Voldemort was so fond of. Beautiful...

The child stared at him, and Voldemort prepared himself for the god-awful screeching that infants were known for, and was surprised when instead, the child giggled. It was a tinkling sound, almost like soft bells. It was full of wonder and joy---so contrasting to the grim situation the child was in the middle of.

It had been quite a long time since Lord Voldemort had heard such a joyful laugh in his presence. His followers---Voldemort used such a term lightly, as they were more akin to mindless sheep then they were actual comrades---never made such a noise near him. The closest they could come to would be the pathetic, fearful whimpering.

It was refreshing and only further cemented the thought that this baby, Harry James Potter, was perfect for him.

The obsession (As Nagini claimed it was) had started only four months prior. He'd been given a report from his most loyal, Severus Snape, of a prophecy foretelling his destruction. Voldemort, of course, had been hesitant to accept such a thing. After all, how could something as weak as a baby defeat him, the Great Lord Voldemort?

But, being the thorough and attentive Lord he was, Voldemort followed up on the claims. The only two families that fell under the prophecies' limitations were the Longbottoms and the Potters.

The Longbottoms were a long-standing Pure-Blood family, notoriously light in all conceivable ways. Voldemort had sent his spies to see what the child looked like, and Voldemort had scoffed at the memory. Tiny, chubby, completely inattentive to the world around him. No, Neville Longbottom was not his equal and could not defeat him.

The Potters, on the other hand, showed some promise. While they too, were a Pure-Blood family, James Potter had married and conceived a child with a Mudblood, producing a Half-Blood heir---much like himself.

Voldemort had dismissed the small similarity between himself and the Potter heir, but when the spy he sent to look at the child returned, everything changed.

The Potter child was perfect in every way.

The similarities between himself and the child were plentiful and so, so incredible. The child had a similar facial structure to a young Tom Riddle, and his emerald eyes were so bright and full of life! Curious about everything around it. Voldemort was sure that Harry Potter could pass off as the child of Tom Riddle.

The child of Tom Riddle...

Suddenly the idea seemed very pleasing. It reminded Voldemort of his lonely days in the Orphanage, oh so many years ago, where the young Tom Riddle had curled in on himself and pleaded for a family. For someone to love and call his own. So that Tom Riddle might never be alone.

As he had grown older, Tom Riddle turned up his nose at the idea, hardened by the many lonely years. He became cold, ruthless and powerful---everything that a young Tom Riddle had wanted to become.