Chapter 18

Katerina De Luca

The drive to the local airport had been quick since the Uber driver, Kenny, drove above the speed limit, making me feel incredibly grateful towards him. I couldn't stop thinking about how crazy my plan was as we got closer to the airport. Although I have my bank cards in my wallet, I couldn't possibly pay for the flight ticket with my actual card because it would be easy to trace that. I made a mental note to withdraw some money from the ATM machine in the airport once I got there.

"We're here, thank you for riding with Uber today," Kenny turned around and flashed me a bright smile as I returned it before taking out the little cash I had in my wallet and giving him a twenty dollar tip. He deserves it since he drove to the airport so quickly and didn't pester me with any questions throughout the ride.

"Thank you, Miss. Here, take this. Airports tend to get cold," Kenny stated as he handed me a black hoodie and black baseball cap from the passenger seat's compartment. I wanted to refuse but figured that it would be easier to hide myself among the crowd.

Nodding towards him gratefully, I pulled the sweater over my head and pulled my red hair into a tight bun before hiding it under the baseball cap. I waved towards the kind man and quickly shuffled out of his Toyota before running into the airport and heading towards the first ATM machine I could find.

After mentally calculating the cost of a six hour flight from here to New York City, I decided to withdraw three thousand dollars so that I would be able to pay for the flight ticket with cash and so that I wouldn't have to withdraw anything once I get to New York.

I hurried through the lightly crowded airport, grateful for it only being a little past 6 am so the airport wasn't too busy. Clutching my bag close to me, I internally debated whether it was okay to use the new passport that Arosio gave me last night. All of the identification cards in my wallet were the new ones and I had no idea what Arosio did with the old ones. I really had no choice but to use this one, yet the thought of it scared me since he would easily be able to track it down.

"Miss? Hello?" the front desk worker waved her hand in front of my face, bringing me out of my internal thoughts. I looked up at her and was about to speak before her hazel eyes widened in realization and she began to apologize repeatedly.

"I am so sorry, Ms. Dale. I am sorry. I had not recognized you in your informal attire. We were not informed that you would be flying today. Should I request for your private jet to be placed on standby?" the worker, named Cassy according to her name tag, stuttered out nervously as if she had seen some ghost.

It took me a few seconds to realize that she thought I was my twin sister, Isabella. My hand holding my passport froze midair in shock before I quickly stuffed it back into my bag and nodded my head towards her with a small smile.

"Yes please, I need to depart in five minutes to New York City," I spoke softly and cursed in my head when the woman looked shocked at my kindness. Dammit Katerina, act more mean like your sister!

"Hurry up, I'm in a rush," the next words that left my mouth were spoken in a cold manner as Cassy nodded her head quickly and ordered two of her co-workers to escort me towards the Dale families private jet.

As soon as I sat inside the luxurious private jet, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with guilt at pretending to be my twin sister. But in the past, I acted as her to help her and father and now I am acting as her to help myself. I think we are even now, right?

"Ms. Dale, thank you for flying with us today. We will be taking off now," the blonde stewardess, Bianca, informed me as she helped me to buckle my seat belt and left me with refreshments and the sleeping pills that I requested.