0.26

chapter 26

"we go in there, guns a-blazin', rescue india and make ward cameron beg for mercy" jj calls out as he loads his gun with bullets. "abscond with as much gold as possible and vamonos, get the hell out of here."

"send that shit down the intracoastal" john b pitches in.

"wait for weather" kiara pitches in.

"exit fo cuba" pope finishes.

jj looks up at him, a scowl on his face.

"cuba? nah man. i'll drop y'all off on yucatan and then india and me are going to italy" he tells pope.

kiara frowns. "italy? why italy? i didn't think you'd be the type to go overseas"

jj shrugs "i didn't think so either, but it's india's dream and where india goes i'll follow"

john b aw's, turning to look at jj as he continues to drive.

"jj's in love, oh my god" he sighs out dramatically.

"shut up. you'd do the same for sarah" jj snarks back.

___

india sits on the back seat of the car, watching out of the window in silence as ward drives to the airport, sarah cameron on the passenger's seat.

"you excited for the bahamas?" ward asks, looking at the rearview mirror at india.

india shrugs. "i like it here a lot. my friends are here, but yeah, maybe it'll be fun" she replies quietly.

ward chuckles.

something about the way ward acted towards india made her hairs on the back of her neck stand. he looked at her as if she knew too much, and that was because she probably did.

"dad, i don't understand why we need to go to the bahamas. india and i are fine here" sarah tells her dad after a moment, turning to him.

india stays silent, watching the interaction from the back seat. she silently wished that sarah could be enough to convince her dad not to put them on a plane to the bahamas.

"i think i-- i really need to talk to john b" she stutters out.

ward shakes his head. "sweetheart, i told you, he's not himself right now, all right?" he looks at the rearview mirror "and india, i got the word that you're dating a pogue as well. they're bad influences and bad people." he sighs.

"now, this isn't forever. it's just until they're able to find him and get him the help he needs" he says, turning to sarah. "trust me, alright"

india closes her eyes in frustration as she sees that sarah's attempts to keep them from going to the bahamas are useless.

no one talks for the rest of the ride.

___

jj grabs the fence in front of him, watching as workers pile boxes into the plane, one after the other.

"what's the plan? broad strokes" kiara calls out, looking at the team.

"i don't think we got that far" john b mumbles as the team leans on the fence to get a better look at what's going on.

"they're loading up the gold" pope notes as he watches the plane with his binoculars.

the group watches as a range rover pulls in beside the plane.

"there's ward" john b notes.

india looks at the plane as the car comes to a stop, her eyebrows scrunching as she overhears the conversation that ward is having.