Chapter 1

"The new guys will be moving in later today. I just stopped by to make sure everything was ready for them and thought I should make sure you were aware." Izuku's landlord said with a tired yawn. Izuku doubted the poor man slept very much, considering his constant eye bags.

"Thanks for the heads up Aizawa." Izuku said with a small smile as his landlord nodded and turned to leave.

After Izuku shut his door and made his way back up the steps to his own part of the house, he started muttering to himself, lightly brushing his fingers through his cat's fur, he wasn't supposed to have pets but Aizawa let his cat slide. "I just hope they're quiet."

He sat himself down in front of his desk and started on his homework, hoping to get it done fairly quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour or two passed before Izuku heard multiple voices coming from outside the house. He pushed himself away from his desk, rolling over to the window and peaking through his blinds. There was a moving truck and a few different people moving around.

"Guess the new neighbors are here." He said, deciding to go down and introduce himself, maybe see if they needed any help with moving.

Once he reached his front door, he walked out and smiled at the people shifting things from the truck to the bottom level of the duplex. "You guys the new tenants?" He asked a redhead, who was just the closest person to him at that moment, plus he wasn't carrying anything.

"Oh not me. Bakubro and Todoroki are the ones moving in, the rest of us are just helping out." He explained with a toothy grin.

Izuku nodded. "Oh okay, well I'm Izuku Midoriya, I live above your friends." He introduced, holding out a hand to the other male.

The cheery man eagerly shook his hand. "Nice to meet ya! I'm Eijirou Kirishima." He said back.

"Oi shity hair, you helping or what?" An angry voice yelled from the back of the truck, directing Izuku and Kirishima's attention to the blond owner of the voice.

"Sorry dude, just meeting the guy who's gonna be living above you guys." Kirishima called back before heading over to the truck.

The blond shifted his eyes from Kirishima to the guy he was talking to, locking eyes with Izuku and causing both of them to freeze. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." He muttered.

Izuku sheepishly waved at the familiar man. "Hi Kacchan." He said nervously.

"Whoa, holding the fuck up. Kacchan?" A girl with pink hair asked in between laughs.

"Shut it raccoon eyes." Katsuki growled at her.

A red and white haired guy walked around from the side of the truck, eyeing Izuku. "Who is he?" He asked in a monotone voice.

"I used to go to school with him." Katsuki explained, handing the half and half man a box before jumping down from the truck and walking over to Izuku, causing the shorter man to gulp.

"Deku," Katsuki said in a sort of greeting.

"Small world?" Izuku said, even more nervous than before as he scratched the back of his neck.

The piercing red eyes of his childhood friend narrowed. "Of all the shitty places I could have moved into, it just had to be the one you lived in." He muttered lowly.

The red and white haired man bumped his shoulder, nudging him to the side with the box still in his arms. "I'm Shoto Todoroki, his roommate." He introduced himself, figuring it'd be the polite thing to do.

Izuku's eyes widened a fraction. "Wow Kacchan, didn't peg you as the 'roommate' type."

Katsuki shot a heated glare at him. "What the hell does that even mean?" He asked, clearly offended by the observation.

The green haired boy was quick to backtrack, holding his hands up in surrender. "J-just that I didn't know you could live with someone else and not kill them. Wait, that's not- That came out wrong! You were never really a people person and I just didn't- Jesus, when did talking become so hard? I didn't mean to- I'm not sure- I'm- I'm just gonna shut up now." Izuku rambled, placing a hand over his mouth.

Another blond guy came up behind the two roommates, laughing loudly at Izuku's words. "Damn bro, didn't know you were that scary back in school." He mused, going straight past Katsuki and into the house.

"H-he wasn't really, well I mean for me yeah, but it was me so it was to be expected. Everyone was kind of scary for me, Kacchan in particular with his loud personality and-"

"Oh my god Deku, shut the fuck up." Katsuki said exasperatedly, not wanting to deal with the boy's rambling anymore. It was annoying.

"S-sorry." Izuku said, trying to curl in on himself in embarrassment.

The pink haired girl walked past them, a box in hand. "Bakugou, if I find out you were mean to this little green bean in high school, you're gonna be Bakugone." She threatened, shooting a friendly smile at Izuku.

"Oh he was a total ass to him in school." Another new voice piped up.

Katsuki rolled his eyes as the new person came into Izuku's line of sight, making him widen his eyes. "Shinso?" He asked.

"Long time no see Midoriya." He said with a nod.

"We have a class together, I see you every week." Izuku pointed out, puzzled by his words.

Shinso hung his head. "It was- Y'know what? Never mind." He said.

"Okay? And Kacchan wasn't.... Terrible in high school." Izuku pointed out, seeing as the pink haired girl was now glaring at the blond.

"Oh, we're just skipping over middle school then? Cool, cool." Shinso said with a nod, walking past them and into the house, a box in hand.

Izuku watched him go, his brows furrowed. "Didn't know you two were friends." He said to Katsuki.

"We're not. He's dating Pikachu and half and half is friends with him or something like that." Katsuki said with a sigh. He really didn't like the purple haired boy, but there wasn't a whole lot he could do to get rid of him at that point.

"Pikachu?" Izuku asked, completely lost.

"That'd be me! Denki Kaminari." The other blond guy said with a small wave.

Izuku smiled back. "Look at you Kacchan, you have a whole friend group. Who knew graduating would make you a social butterfly." He teased, finally remembering that Katsuki had in fact apologized for middle school at their high school graduation, and being in college had helped Izuku grow a backbone.

Katsuki's eyebrows raised at the other boy's sudden confidence. "When did you stop being a stuttering mess of social anxiety?" He asked back.

"Medication and therapy." Izuku said with a nod. "You should try it some time."

"Deku, I fucking hate you." Katsuki said, pushing Shoto through the doorway of their new place and then heading back to the truck to grab a box himself.

"No you don't." Izuku said back, following after him. "Want some help?" He offered.

Katsuki didn't say anything, but handed him a box anyways. The more people they had helping, the sooner it'd get done.

"I take that as a yes then." Izuku mumbled, walking over to the house again. He went through the front door and into the living room, where they appeared to be piling the boxes. "That's gonna be hell to go through." He pointed out to Shoto, who was glaring at the wall of boxes.

"I'm well aware of that." He said back.

Izuku lightly laughed. "Have fun!"