6

Nightmare sat on his throne taping his fingers on the arm rest.
Each tap echoed in Nightmare's castle.

"Hey boss. Can you stop that. It getting annoying." One of his henchman said.

He shot them a death glare. Immediately they left the room trying not to get themselves killed.

He resumed his tapping resulting in the same henchman to groan. Nightmare smiled for a fraction of a second before it turned to a frown.

"Will you stop if I ask what's wrong?" They asked annoyed.

Nightmare didn't say anything.

"Stop acting like a bitch and tell me what the hell is wrong! That tapping is annoying and isn't solving any of your problems." The henchman regretted his choice of words feeling the castle growing darker.

"Killer. You're lucky you're my favorite cause you'd be dead meat if you were anyone else." Nightmare hissed.

"Sir I'm a skeleton." Killer stated.

"I know Killer." The goop covered skeleton sighed looking at the floor for the hundredth time.

"So... Are you gonna tell me or..." Killer interrupted."

"Alright. Go sit down on the floor or something. Frankly I don't care." Nightmare waiting for the skeltons to sit. Once he did he began. "Its been 500 years."

"Holy. How old are you?" Killer interrupted.

"None of your business." He paused and continued, "it has been 500 years since I cast both of them in a prison."

"Them? Prison?" Killer was confused.

Nightmare brushed it off and went on.  " Today marks the day where they break free. I have to deal with them again and my chances of winning are low."

Killer was still confused but went along with it. " okay." He got up and headed out hoping the tapping wouldn't start.
He sighed in relief once no sound was made.

It was crushed immediately. Killer just went on trying his best not to strangle any of the papytus guards.

-

In the courtyard. Two figures were surrounded by many barriers.

The two statues started to shake a bit. Duak was coming and the shaking was more apparent.

A loud crack was heard. Progress was made. They fought and fought until the sun hit them.

A gasp escaped fron Dream.  He had been there for so long. He had watch so many universes crumble and collaspe in front of him. It filled him with determination to protect them. To protect what was left of positive feelings.

He didn't recognize this place. Though it did have a negative energy to it so he sat down and leaned against a rock.

While gazing at the horizon trying to think he felt somethibg tremble. He ahot up getting a glance of the crystal statue still trying it's hardest to escape its prison.

'Watch out'

" why?" Dream asked.

The voice repeated the aame phrase over and over until Dream did what it said.
Once he did a glowing magic brilliantly glowed. White. It's aura was strange. There was nothing.

The aura and magic became more intense until it reached a breaking point. Magic seeped through cracks starting to formuntil there was nothing left except one soneone.

They was dramatically sitting on the floor catching thier breath. Until it shifted.

He was curious so he walked closer.

Upon hearing the cruching of the grass the figure turned.

Dream stared at the being e/c eyes.
They gave him a stink eye.

He decided to be friendly the stranger. He cleared his throat and spoke, "Hi. I'm Dream."

The cold demeanour from before was shoved aside as the figure spoke, " Where's Nightmare?!"

"How do know Nightmare?" Dream asked.

"He was my friend. We were quite close. I just wanted to help him." The stangers voice difted off toward the end.

"Nice to know that. You were that friend he always talked about weren't you." Dream recalled. "What's your name again."

"Y/n." She answered.

"Right. He always talked about you. Like how you were so nice to him and how he thought you..." Dream trailed off. "Anyway. It's nice to meet you Y/n. I hope we can be friends."

"Nice to meet you too. But we need to find Nightmare." Y/n said.

"Oh you don't need to do anything at all."

Dream and Y/n froze.

-

Nihtmare has been restless. It was at any moment they could free themselves. Any moment.

He heard a crack. It had finally happened.

"Killer call the others for back up. " nightmare commanded.

He was going to face Dream and Y/n.

He walked through corridors. Passing paintings and many papyrus's who felt something was wrong. Every step was more anxiety inducing than the last until he had reached the courtyard.

He had seen his best friend and his brother talking.

"Nice to meet you too. Butwe need to find nightmare." He heard Y/n say.

He felt a little angry seeing them talk so he spoke.
"Oh you don't need to do anything at all"
He attacked and missed.
They weren't there.

"How the-"

"Boss you called." A group of skeltons said in unison.

"You were too late. They're gone now." Nightmare hissed in fury.
-

Dream got a hold of y/n and fled the situation.

"Jeez. What the hell was that." Y/n said.

"I can't fight him. Not after last time." Dream's voice wavered." He looked around and saw every was in shambles.

"We're home?" Y/n spoke rembering how their was veing destroyed before being cast into a prison.

Dream looked as if he was about to cry. He was on his knees slose to what used to be he tree of feelings. "He...killed...her." Dream choked out.

Y/n tried her best to comfort the guardian.

Dream sniffed and got up. To look around his once beautiful home. "We need to find help."

Y/n nodded in agreement.

-

The search for help had gone on for so long. Y/n felt tired.

"Dream.. How long do think this is going to take..?" Y/n asked.

"I don't know Y/n. But we can't give up now. We still have to search." Dream responded.

"Everything is so tiring why don't we take a break." Y/n suggested.

"Fine."

They got to know more about eachother. Dusk turned to dawn and the duo were ready to continue thier quest for help. Just as they were about to set off when they found something peculiar.