A Waiting Game

Charlie

Waiting for a healer to come and see me was agonizing. Hermione was lost for five days. She was strong, I knew that, but I will always worry for her. She is the love of my life, I don't know what I would do with out her. 

I sat in an uncomfortable blue chair. I hadn't had anything to eat. Just then, a healer came into the waiting room. 

"Mr. Weasley?" I stood up and he made his way over. "Miss Granger is going to be okay. She had hypothermia, but we were able to take care of that. She had broken ribs and they are going to be sore for a few days but otherwise will heal fine. She does have a concussion and we weren't able to heal that and she has a severely sprained ankle. She is sleeping right now and will wake up in the morning. Would you like to see her?"  

I breathed out a sigh of relief. I nodded my head and followed the healer down the hall to room 241. When I got there, my heart sunk. She was attached to an IV fluid system and her bruises still remained. She had bandages on her arms and legs, along with her forehead. I stood in the door for a moment, but then snapped out of it and swiftly walked to he bedside. She was okay. I grabbed her hand and sat in the chair.

Tears sprung to my eyes and I planted a kiss on her hand.

"Hermione, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault, if I hadn't been away at that meeting, then I would have been there and I would have been there when you fell. I love you so much and I let you down." Of course she didn't answer me. I was only answered by the faint beeping of her heartbeat and her breathing. I laid my head down on her bed and fell asleep.

Hermione

I woke to the sound of beeping. It was annoying. I groaned and opened my eyes only to close them with the brightness of the room. Don't they know that bright white walls don't help with people when they wake up?

Wait. White walls and not green trees? Where was I? I opened my eyes once again and looked around. I started to panic a little bit. I didn't know where I was and I didn't know how I got here. I sat up and looked around wildly. My breathing got heavy.

"Hermione? Hermione, it's okay, your okay, your in St. Mungos. Your okay." I looked to my left and saw Charlie there. I calmed down right away and smiled at him.

"Charlie." My voice cracked as I took in his appearance. His hair was messy and his voice was sleep ridden. His eyes were red from crying and his blue eyes were wide. I brought my hand up to his cheek and he leaned into my touch. I brought him in for a hug and his strong arms went around my waist. I cried silently into his shoulder. When I pulled away, I moved over just enough for him to sit on the bed and patted the spot next to me. He sat down and laid my head on his chest, quickly falling asleep.