Chapter 17

"Are you nervous?" asked a deep voice behind me. I turned around to see Namjoon leaning against the door frame of the dance studio as I finished up my final solo practice. Today was the day of the festival. It was very early, the sun had barely risen. I was curious about why Namjoon was up in the first place, let alone coming to try and catch me as my personal practice.

"Not really, I've practiced many times. What are you doing up so early, if I may ask?" I asked him.

"I have a meeting this morning, but I heard your music and wondered who was in the studio at this hour since Jimin was in the meeting and Lord Jungkook is busy with festival preparations," he replied casually as he pushed himself off the doorframe and walked towards me.
   "You wouldn't have happened to have been in my study recently...have you?"  He asked as he leaned towards me so that his face was near mine as he cocked his head to the left. 
    "I still have some troubles with the passageways and getting lost,". I told him. Then I lied to him. "But, no, I haven't been in there recently." He eyed me for a moment before nodding.
"If you say so." He replied. "You should go start getting prepared for the festival. The opening in a few hours and all of the royals are to attend along with the remaining members of the Collection." I nodded in response.
"You're right. I beat be off. I'll see you at the opening." I replied before quickly walking out the door past. Ever since he had basically locked me in his study I have been anxious around him.
"See you soon." I heard him say after me before I hurried down the hall. I made it back to my room to see Yumi looking a bit stressed.
"Where have you been!? I came in here to wake you up to get ready and you were gone and the guard didn't know that you had even left!" She scolded.
"My apologizes," I replied. "I snuck out to get some last-minute practice in before the festival."
"You are going to give me a heart attack one of these days." She huffed. "well, no time to waste. We must get you ready!" Yumi wasted no time and pulling out multiple gowns for me to choose from. I didn't waste much time choosing since I knew which one I wanted beforehand. (AN: pic above of dress or you can imagine whatever you want) I changed and Yumi began to work on my hair and makeup along with my stylist who came into help. They wanted me to look like a princess since apparently among the staff or was considered common knowledge that Jimin was going to pick me to be his bride out of the Collection.
It took a while, but I was finally ready, with some time to spare before I'd have to leave the castle to get to the festival grounds. I decided to wander out towards the gardens with my guard trailing behind me at a distance so that he wasn't hovering, but could still keep an eye on me. I got bored and found a few flowers on the ground that had fallen and began to idly pluck their petals and watch them. flutter t the grass.
"What are you doing out here? Should you be leaving soon?" asked a familiar voice. He startled me as I jumped when I turned towards him.
"Oh, it's you. You scared me!" I gasped.
"Yes, only me." Chuckled Jungkook. "I actually came to find you. Jimin is looking for you. Something about escorting?" my eyes widened. I have totally forgotten! has agreed to have Jimin escort me to the festival!
"Shit! Is he in the foyer?" I asked Jungkook urgently.
"He should be, that's where I into him." Said Jungkook.
"Thank you so much I'll see you at the festival!" I called as I back towards the castle. I got to the foyer to see Jimin sitting on one of the benches. He looked up when I entered the room and smiled.
" I was wondering you were going to decide to show up." He teased. I rolled my eyes at him.
" well I'm here now, am I not? Shall we get going? I'm sure everyone will be wondering where we are." I replied. Jimin got to his feet and walked to the main door. Two guards opened the door to let us out. Jimin bowed and ushered towards the door.
"After you, m'lady." He said with a grin.
"Why thank you, kind sir." I snickered as I walked past him. He followed closely behind me before coming beside me before we entered our electric carriage. I got into my seat and instead of sitting across from me, Jimin sat down next to me, leaving the bench across from us open. I didn't really mind. The drive to the festival was going to take about half an hour to an hour with traffic. As soon as the carriage began to move I felt a hand slip into my own. I glanced at Jimin holding my hand for a moment before looking over at him to see him looking out the window with a small smile on his face as if he had done nothing. I couldn't help but feel my heart practically beating in my throat now as I was both nervous and excited. The ride was quiet, but pleasant...but as soon as we got to the festival grounds, it was chaos.